3A State Championship

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

3A State Championship

Postby Irene » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:13 am

Wow, it amazes me the quality program that Eric Kimrey continues to produce. Homegrown talent instilling the fundamentals of football. Never the biggest or the most talented, his teams just win. Good luck Skyhawks in pursuing the ninth
state championship in twelve years. #cinderblockxcinderblock!
Irene
Freshman

Re: 3A State Championship

Postby Sportsfan1001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Absolutely agree. Coach Kimrey and coaching staff, AD and others, have shown a remarkable ability to mold and build and sustain a top notch program for a long time now. Recently, they seem to have distanced themselves from the rest of the 3a schools, almost a non-competitive situation this year with other SCISA schools. You mention the homegrown talent. This is simply a question, so don't read more than such into this question.. 1. Define 'homegrown talent'. 2. Assuming definition being similar as other programs, what do folks believe to be the elements of success for Hammond? Because obviously, they have definitely figured it out.. I've never seen such level of success, one might call it domination, when you look back at the past 12 years..
Sportsfan1001
Freshman

Re: 3A State Championship

Postby Irene » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 pm

I am referring to homegrown talent as the nine seniors on the Hammond team this year. Eight of which have all gone through the entire system from B, JV, varsity.
The coaches get the most of their talent (or lack there of). How impressive as our
starting nose guard weighing 140lbs on a good day, but wearing out offensive linemen twice his size. Our starting center weighing 170 and protecting our quarterback like no other. Both our middle linebackers small at best, but headhunters none the less. These guys as well as the other players bought into the system that Kimrey administers and are disciples of his teaching fundamentals.
No junior transfers (except one) all extremely intelligent football players. Goes to show that you don't have to be the biggest and baddest to win state championships. I would summarize as stating that consistency in great coaching is the key.
Irene
Freshman

Return to SCISA