Hurricane Florence - makeup game policy

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Re: Hurricane Florence - makeup game policy

Postby J1871 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Anybody heard any updates on what SCISA plans to do about the missed games? I know some of the schools have rescheduled and played their games but there are several games that have not been made up. Not many open Fridays between now and the end of the season.
J1871
Varsity

Postby tb66 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:25 am

It sounds like at least in 3A the games will not be made up. Heathwood and Pinewood tried to play their game on Monday the 17th, but it was suspended in the 3rd quarter due to lightning, and all indications are that it won't be finished. I haven't heard of anyone else trying to make up their games from the storm week.
tb66
Freshman

Postby KSML » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:15 pm

[quote=“J1871”]Anybody heard any updates on what SCISA plans to do about the missed games? I know some of the schools have rescheduled and played their games but there are several games that have not been made up. Not many open Fridays between now and the end of the season.[/quote]

Curious about this as well. Almost all of 8 man Region I was affected. Will they make up? It was the first week of Region play so those wins and losses will make a difference in post season, right?
KSML
Freshman

Postby docgibbons » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:09 am

[quote=“KSML”][quote=“J1871”]Anybody heard any updates on what SCISA plans to do about the missed games? I know some of the schools have rescheduled and played their games but there are several games that have not been made up. Not many open Fridays between now and the end of the season.[/quote]

Curious about this as well. Almost all of 8 man Region I was affected. Will they make up? It was the first week of Region play so those wins and losses will make a difference in post season, right?[/quote]
they will probably see how the rest of the season goes - and play any games that need to be played to break any ties
docgibbons
All-American

Postby docgibbons » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:22 am

of the games that were cancelled, AJA vs SJCA may have to be played to figure out seeding
docgibbons
All-American

Previous

Return to SCISA