SCISAA Top 5; Each Division

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Re: SCISAA Top 5; Each Division

Postby jstrick » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:03 pm

@Bamaknights

I am not taking your reply the wrong way but I will dispute what you’ve said. I never said Brown made your team. You’re taking my words out of context. I go by what I know and what I’ve seen and what I’ve read. When I saw F/R in the jamboree at JDA, when I read news articles that discuss results of F/R games, when I hear people talk about games against F/R, Brown’s name is the only one I hear. When I see in the Post & Courier or Summerville Scene that a player is averaging 4/5/6 TDs a game...well then obviously I'm gonna say if you stop that person then the other team should win.

I also don’t think a team that isn’t eligible for the playoffs should be in the consideration for ranking but that’s just my opinion. I get that you’re a true fan which is awesome. But I made my post not as some kind of “bulletin board material” but just as an objective evaluation of what I thought the Top 5 is based on what I know. I’m not trying to slight or put down anyone.
jstrick
Freshman

Postby Bamaknights » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:59 pm

The bulletin board material was just joking around. All good here.
Bamaknights
Freshman

Postby docgibbons » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:17 am

[quote=“schighschoolfan”]. Full disclosure, I played for Coach Shelley many years ago and I still have great respect for him as a coach and as a man. Further, I feel like anyone could see the positive impact he was having on Holly Hill’s athletics -- it was obvious from what they had been prior to his arrival. I too was, and remain, perplexed by his termination.[/quote]

what years were you at HHA? I'm looking for some football team photos for HHA, and I've got about 60% - perhaps you have your old yearbooks?
docgibbons
All-American

Postby schighschoolfan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:20 am

docgibbons wrote:[quote=“schighschoolfan”]. Full disclosure, I played for Coach Shelley many years ago and I still have great respect for him as a coach and as a man. Further, I feel like anyone could see the positive impact he was having on Holly Hill’s athletics -- it was obvious from what they had been prior to his arrival. I too was, and remain, perplexed by his termination.

what years were you at HHA? I'm looking for some football team photos for HHA, and I've got about 60% - perhaps you have your old yearbooks?[/quote]

Ha! I should have said many many years ago. I played for Coach at OP in the early 90's.
schighschoolfan
Freshman

Postby gofeds22 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:42 am

Andrew Jackson is Andrew Jackson and all I care to say about that is 60??? To 8
gofeds22
Freshman

Previous

Return to SCISA