would anyone support a FacebookSCISA sports page

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

would anyone support a FacebookSCISA sports page

Postby dodgem37 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 am

I am so tired of answering survey questions just to see the latest scores and updates. What do think about a Facebook SCISA sports fan page? Only catch is we won't be able to hide behind anonymous forum names.
Show no Mercy.... Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you.....for your greatness will silence them all
dodgem37
JV

Re: would anyone support a FacebookSCISA sports page

Postby sandy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 pm

I would certainly love to see it. As long as I would not have to take a test as in 2 questions before any comment. It shows a loss of comments and discussions as now. I had rather pay a small fee than to give personable information for people to start contacting me about junk. Or junk mail. I would hope that people who claim to be into SCISA would show a great interest in it.
sandy
Freshman

Postby hangemhigh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Would be fine with me. Ya gonna get her done? :D
hangemhigh
Freshman

Postby sandy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Somebody take it and run with it. I am all for it. :D
sandy
Freshman

Postby docgibbons » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Not me. Don't want all you people seeing my stuff...
docgibbons, WHA '81
RWA '13, RWA '15, RWA '19

https://sites.google.com/site/scisafootballhistory/home
docgibbons
Varsity

Postby TSAgenerals » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:52 am

docgibbons wrote:Not me. Don't want all you people seeing my stuff...

Agree. There is a certain amount of privacy and anonymity on here. The folks I know and probably most TSA people that visit here knows who I am, but I prefer people that I do not know not know who I am. Some people don't mind people knowing who they are, but others don't.
TSAgenerals
Varsity

Postby sandy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 am

Guys, do you think you are that important or you have some government top secret info., or anything in sports that you might get some hate mail. I have already let be known who I was. Have not received not one drive-by. As long as I feel like I am being honest, no problem. With that way of thinking you don't ever need to be in politics. I promise I will not lie to you, and not make fun of you. Woops sorry. If you are honest, no problem. It is like giving into the gov. As long as there is a freedom of speech why not use it. Facebook is open to all, and I have not had any problem. The problem people hide behind user names and questions, and comments. I love good comments. I always tole my ball teams no question is stupid. :? Coach Ron over and out!! :D
sandy
Freshman

Postby CoachSalley » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:35 am

A Facebook page might be good, but in the end it would only mean one MORE place to check for information. Unless the vast majority of traffic from this site were to migrate there, I would still have to check here. It's unfortunate that this forum has declined, pretty much ever since the redesign. It's still decent, and some things that have changed are unrelated to the site itself (such as KSU no longer being a regular provider of valuable information). Some of the old topics (recruiting, how would SCISA do in SCHSL) have been beaten to death, and others (pretty much any sport other than football and basketball) have lost their audience. But it still beats the old days of trying to locate the sports page of a dozen local papers to get a scouting report or build a mock playoff bracket.
CoachSalley
Freshman

Postby docgibbons » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:38 am

sandy wrote:Guys, do you think you are that important or you have some government top secret info.

perhaps I do ... you'll never know...
docgibbons, WHA '81
RWA '13, RWA '15, RWA '19

https://sites.google.com/site/scisafootballhistory/home
docgibbons
Varsity

Postby J1871 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 am

Agree with CoachSalley on this one. This is still the best site to find out results. I don't find the poll questions and ads on this site all that anoying, so I don't think I'd
use a Facebook page for SCISA sports.
J1871
JV

Next

Return to SCISA