final augusta christian over OP 63-57

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

final augusta christian over OP 63-57

Postby PurePanther » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Another tight one...Orangeburg Prep cut the lead to 3 late in 2nd half and had possession, but couldn't get any closer
PurePanther
Varsity

Re: final augusta christian over OP 63-57

Postby highway17 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:49 pm

After watching both games, how do you feel about Hammond-Augusta Christian round 3?
highway17
JV

Re: final augusta christian over OP 63-57

Postby PurePanther » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:55 pm

To be honest and open, my son plays for OP...even though they lost, I believe I can offer a fair assessment of the semi-final. First time I have seen AC...play hard, tight defense...really good guard play (quick and aggressive)...and have a pretty big guy (6'7" or so) that looks a little clumsy but can absolutely work the low post as long as he doesn't have to put the ball on the floor. I had seen Hammond earlier in the year as OP lost at their place by 11. No surpises there...McDaniel and Wood are solide, but their other players are solid contributors that help balance them out. I think AC and Hammond played a couple of times during the season...Hammond won one, if not both. Honestly believe this one could go either way...biggest factors will be who gets in foul trouble and who hits their free throws. This one will be worth watching
PurePanther
Varsity

Return to SCISA