Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests

Pee Dee Pitch Off

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Pee Dee Pitch Off

Postby EagleMan52 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:13 am

Since there are 3 SCISA Teams in the tourney this weekend I thought I'd just make a separate thread. Here's the full schedule and details for tonight if anybody is in the area and wants to see some good softball over the weekend.

From SCNow.com

The Pee Dee Pitch Off softball tournament will be held Friday and Saturday at Freedom Florence. Twenty teams are scheduled to play in the tournament with pool play on Friday and bracket play on Saturday. There will be a 1:15-minute time limit on Friday and 1:30 on Saturday’s games. Friday’s varsity pool play schedule is as follows:

5:30 p.m. — West Florence vs. Carolina Academy; South Florence vs. Williamsburg Academy

6 p.m. — Socastee vs. Camden; Dillon vs. Marlboro County; Lugoff-Elgin vs. Conway; Florence Christian vs. Loris; Aynor vs. Hannah-Pamplico

7 p.m. — Carolina Academy vs. Nation’s Ford; South Florence vs. Manning

7:30 p.m. — Socastee vs. Darlington; Dillon vs. Sumter; South Robeson (NC) vs. Conway; Loris vs. Hannah-Pamplico; Carolina Forest vs. Camden

8:30 p.m. — West Florence vs. Nation’s Ford; Williamsburg Academy vs. Manning

9 p.m. — Sumter vs. Marlboro County; South Robeson (NC) vs. Lugoff-Elgin; Aynor vs. Florence Christian; Carolina Forest vs. Darlington
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Re: Pee Dee Pitch Off

Postby CAdad » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:29 am

CA is going to be a little short handed this weekend with the top pitcher out all weekend and the number two pitcher out sat. due to a state all star basketball game.i hope we make a good showing but if not I will be pulling for WA and FCA.Good luck to all!
CAdad
Freshman

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Weather app on my phone says it'll be 52 degrees at 6 pm and 45 degrees at 9 pm. Better bundle up if you come, and we hope you will!
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby TSAgenerals » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:27 am

Anybody got any results on how our teams did tonight?
TSAgenerals
Varsity

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:18 am

We won our first game against Loris 6-2.

In our second game against Aynor we were down 7-1 going into the top of the fourth with the time limit upon us, and scored six runs to force a bottom of the fourth. Aynor loaded the bases with no one out, we made a running catch in CF that was too shallow to score the runner at third, then got a strikeout, but the next batter poked one between short and 3rd and we lost 8-7. Our effort was enough to get us into the tournament portion that starts tomorrow. Very proud of our girls!
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby CAdad » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:56 am

CA won the first against west florence 4-2.Then lost to a great nation Ford team 7-3 after cutting the lead to 4-3 with 15 min. left. A injury to our centerfielder seemed to take our focus off the game and it seemed to slip away.However we are very proud of how the scisa girls showed off thier skills today!!!We will be very shorthanded today with the starting pitcher, shortstop and centerfielder out with injurys and all star basketball games.Go scisa girls!!!
CAdad
Freshman

Postby TSAgenerals » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Good to see FCS and Carolina representing well! Anybody know how Williamsburg is doing? I also have a cousin playing for Sumter and they are undefeated right now.
TSAgenerals
Varsity

Postby CAdad » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Not sure how FCA did today but CA beat Lugolf-Elgin 4-3 and WA lost both last night but has won both today.Beating West Florence 4-2 and camdem 1-0.Go Scisa girls!!
CAdad
Freshman

Postby EagleMan52 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Saturday Scores:

South Florence (AAAA) 9
Florence Christian 2

We jumped out to an early 1-0 lead but at the end of the day SF was just to much for us. They got one of the top pitchers in the state in Junior Sierra Pare. We were able to put the ball in play on her but couldn't find holes when we needed it. Sierra will be playing college ball somewhere after her high school career is over, you can count on that. Phenomenal pitcher, by far the best we will see this year and it's not even close. No disrespect to any pitcher on our remaining schedule.

Nation Ford (AAA) 13
Florence Christian 3

During the SF game our ace Julie Ham suffered an injury, doesn't appear to be serious (she stayed on to play the field as well as hit) so we sent out eight grader Tori Alexander to pitch. Good teaching/learning experience for her although the outcome was not in our favor. The bright spot in this game was in the bottom of the first, leadoff hitter (Sophomore) Kirsten Stone sent the first ball she saw over the right field fence to tie the game at one. She absolutely crushed it. Her third at bat, she just got under the ball ever so slightly or else that was going over the center field fence too.

Overall, I was hoping to go 2-2 and might have had Julie been able to pitch that last game. We got a few things to work as expected this early in the year. We got some good solid hitters and a really good pitcher, it'll be interesting to see how far this group can go.

It was really hard to keep up with the other SCISA Schools, I had a hard enough time keeping with with FC so I don't have a ton of scores from CA or WA. I heard WA beat West Florence (AAAA) today but I don't know if that's true or not. I meant to check on that before I left. Others feel free to chime in here!
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Postby NAFAN » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:50 am

From another board ...

SF 4 WA O
SF 6 EC 4
EC 7 WA 1
CA 4 WF 2
NATIONS FORD 8 CA 2
NATIONS FORD 5 WF 0
SOCASTEE 8 CAMDEN 0