Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests

Briggs to LMA

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Briggs to LMA

Postby F.Marion » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Surprised no one is talking about Briggs of Manning to LMA. Do ya'll think he will make an impact? If his players will follow?
F.Marion
Freshman

Re: Briggs to LMA

Postby ole cavalier » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Huge hire for LMA.Briggs will get the politics out of LMA and turn them into a winner immediately .This guy knows football and want let the special interest have any input.
ole cavalier
Freshman

Postby Wind » Wed May 01, 2013 7:57 am

I suspect he can get 'em good enough to play for 2nd, but with the Hammond dynasty doing what they're doing....I just don't see it being derailed for quite a while.
Wind
Freshman

Postby highway17 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:43 am

didn't hammond lose last year?
highway17
JV

Postby TSAgenerals » Wed May 01, 2013 10:17 pm

highway17 wrote:didn't hammond lose last year?

Yes they did. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them back on top next year and for several years to come. I guess that's what Wind was referring to. It was such a huge story around here that they lost that I can't imagine anyone in SCISA not knowing that they lost.

As for Briggs, I agree with cavalier. Briggs will try and get rid of the politics at LMA, however that could end up being a downfall. All across SCISA coaches have been let go due to politics and there have been coaches that have changed the culture. It's a slipper slope and politics have been pretty high at LMA for many years.
TSAgenerals
Varsity

Postby Softballfan » Thu May 02, 2013 6:21 am

ole cavalier wrote:Huge hire for LMA.Briggs will get the politics out of LMA and turn them into a winner immediately .This guy knows football and want let the special interest have any input.

You will never get the politics out of that school. They are just like the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones. The board and people that fund the athletic programs will always have interest in decisions made. Briggs is a great coach but I dont see the the powers to be sitting back and just letting him run everything his way. One of their objectives is that Briggs will bring the atheltes with him. As far as Ken Kellahan we are glad to have him. He will now be able to coach. He was only a puppet on a sting at LMA. Good luck to Briggs
Softballfan
Freshman

Postby catracker » Thu May 02, 2013 7:05 am

The politics is not just in the boys sports. It is bad in the girls sports as well. Why can't an athlete be recognized for their ability. Too much of this player is favored even though not as good an athlete as another just because of politics.
catracker
Freshman

Postby Red Hawk » Thu May 02, 2013 9:26 am

Winning has a funny way of making "problems" go away.LMA has not been competitive in 3A football in a long time.I think they have some decent athletes over there but not the caliber of Hammond,AC and Wilson Hall the last few years.I dont know Coach Briggs but everything I hear, tells me he is a class act.
Red Hawk
Freshman

Postby 1Ahoopfan » Thu May 02, 2013 9:36 am

Red Hawk wrote:Winning has a funny way of making "problems" go away.LMA has not been competitive in 3A football in a long time.I think they have some decent athletes over there but not the caliber of Hammond,AC and Wilson Hall the last few years.I dont know Coach Briggs but everything I hear, tells me he is a class act.

Perhaps you should review the Oakbrook Basketball coaching threads from a few weeks ago.........

Winning is not the only thing at these schools.... And I do not mean that as only a negative thing. I certainly hope that these schools stand for more than winning. But also, regardless of winning there are "turf" issues and politics that rule the day, and coaches that aren't adept at handling that can find themselves out!
1Ahoopfan
Freshman

Postby Wind » Thu May 02, 2013 12:49 pm

TSAgenerals wrote:
highway17 wrote:didn't hammond lose last year?

Yes they did. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them back on top next year and for several years to come. I guess that's what Wind was referring to.

that's right
Wind
Freshman

Next

Return to SCISA