Ranking the Top 5 Teams from each level

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Ranking the Top 5 Teams from each level

Postby CoachFerg » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:19 pm

AAA
1. Porter Gaud
2. Pinewood Prep
3. Northwood Academy
4. Cardinal Newman
5. Heathwood Hall

AA
1. Spartanburg Day
2. Christian Academy
3. Trinity Byrnes
4. Spartanburg Christian
5. Hilton Head Prep

A.
1. Charleston Collegiate
2. Anderson Christian
3. Cathedral Academy
4. North Myrtle Beach
5. Dorchester Academy

This is just my opinion. Please post your opinion and If you want any reasoning just ask me. 3A was probably the toughest. Porter is clearly the best, I put Pinewood second because since they got Michael Wright back they are a different team. In 2A its also a race for second. Christian Academy and Trinity have split this year so you could flip those if you felt the need. In 1A I wouldnt be surprised if we had a rematch of last year. Anderson has the size but Collegiate has 7 seniors and better guard play. We will find out who really is #3 when Cathedral and North Myrtle play next week. Huge drop off after them. Covenant has a good record but a terrible schedule. Just look at their loss to laurens last week.
CoachFerg
Freshman

Re: Ranking the Top 5 Teams from each level

Postby highway17 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:18 am

In AAA, I think you can flip a coin between the 4 after Porter-Gaud and First Baptist and Ben Lippen can play with those 4 as well. Pinewood has the familiarity and the talent to play PG close. As we saw last year, I just don't think Northwoods matches up very well with them. Cardinal Newman has some really good wins but some odd loses as does Heathwood.

In AA, I actually think Christian Academy can play with Spartanburg Day. They have enough college-level talent, it's just one of those things where any one that plays them close will have to slow the game down and hit a bunch of shots. They seem like the most likely team to do this.

Would be nice to see PG and Spartanburg Day play this year. They played a great one last year. Both pretty much come back in-tact next year so hopefully they will get that one on the schedule.
highway17
JV

Postby CoachFerg » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Yeah I was at that game last year. Porter basically controlled the game from start to finish except for a couple late 3's from Spartanburg Day. But Zion sure wasnt the player he is now. I would love to see a rematch!
CoachFerg
Freshman

Postby rbharrell » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Spartanburg Day and Porter Gaud are scheduled each other in December 2017. That really will be the game to see.
rbharrell
Freshman

Postby Canedawg2140 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:49 pm

I may be wrong, but I think Beaufort Academy will play in the A playoffs. They are in the AA region with Bethesda, Hilton Head schools, etc., but are a flex team according to the SCISA website. They have some good wins and would finish in the top 4 in the AA conference. I would think they would be a top 5 A team if that is the case.
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains..."
Canedawg2140
Freshman

Postby CoachFerg » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:32 pm

I figured they were AA, if they are A I would have them at 4 and bump Dorchester off the list with their recent loss to Holly Hill.
CoachFerg
Freshman

Return to SCISA