Bracketology

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Bracketology

Postby cyclonefan11 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:22 am

In the next couple of days, brackets will be released for playoffs. Anybody want to take a stab at what they think will happen? AAA will be very interesting especially with some of the ties in some region standings. Curious to see how much the new emphasis on playing across regions will come into play.
cyclonefan11
Varsity

Re: Bracketology

Postby WDE » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:51 am

Curious,is there a list of people that actually do the brackets,or is it just MF?
WDE
Freshman

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Best I can tell from MaxPreps, there are only eight AAA teams with winning records in both boys and girls.

In girls, FBC and NW have the two best records, Hammond and PP the worst. I'm glad I don't have to sort out CN/BL/FCS/WH in the 3-6 seeds.

Since SCISA tries to avoid same-region first round games, here's a guess:

(1)NW vs (8)Hammond
(2)FBC vs (7) WH-FCS loser
(3)CN vs (6) PP
(4)FCS-WH winner vs (5) BL

In boys, PG and CN have been considered the best, but LMA can't be ruled out. WH and FBC have the worst records of the eight.

Again, more guessing:

(1) PG vs (8) WH
(2) CN vs (7) FBC
(3) LMA vs (6) PP
(4) NW vs (5) HHES

AA Boys is SDS's to lose, CAMB will likely be their opponent.
AA Girls looks like HHCA, but never count out TSA come tournament time. PCA is in the mix here as well.

Don't know enough about A to comment.
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby dolphindan1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:50 pm

in single A its Charleston Collegiate and then everyone else...Probably playing Anderson in the title game....Cathedral could make a run at it....no one else can compete with the top 2....NMB could do ok
dolphindan1
JV

Postby joefrombelton2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:26 am

dolphindan1 wrote:in single A its Charleston Collegiate and then everyone else...Probably playing Anderson in the title game....Cathedral could make a run at it....no one else can compete with the top 2....NMB could do ok

Agree, single A is Charleston Collegiate, probably right with Anderson playing in title game.
joefrombelton2
Freshman

Postby cyclonefan11 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:24 am

Brackets are out. FCS Sports Fan, 12 teams usually make the tournament for AAA and 16 for AA and A. Still waiting on AAA Boys but there were some games last night that impacted possible seeding.
cyclonefan11
Varsity

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:34 pm

cyclonefan11 wrote:Brackets are out. FCS Sports Fan, 12 teams usually make the tournament for AAA and 16 for AA and A. Still waiting on AAA Boys but there were some games last night that impacted possible seeding.

I know it's normally a 12 team AAA bracket, but this year there's a huge discrepancy between 1-8 and 9-12. Winless teams ought not be in a state tournament.
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby docgibbons » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:07 pm

FCS Sports Fan wrote:
cyclonefan11 wrote:Brackets are out. FCS Sports Fan, 12 teams usually make the tournament for AAA and 16 for AA and A. Still waiting on AAA Boys but there were some games last night that impacted possible seeding.

I know it's normally a 12 team AAA bracket, but this year there's a huge discrepancy between 1-8 and 9-12. Winless teams ought not be in a state tournament.

maybe someone will get a last-second transfer...
docgibbons
All-American

Postby cyclonefan11 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:49 am

FCS Sports Fan wrote:

I would say that there is a big jump from 10-11, but fair enough. Unfortunately, we can't subjectively change the number of teams that make state every year.
cyclonefan11
Varsity

Return to SCISA