Realignment

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Realignment

Postby CoachSalley » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:03 pm

I don't think SCISA has even done the counting yet for the 2018-20 realignment (or if they have started, at least we don't have results yet). Any insights or predictions? Anybody expect their school to move up or down? For purely selfish purposes, I'm most interested in who might be in AAA football moving forward.... will we ever have a big enough AAA to have two regions?
CoachSalley
Freshman

Re: Realignment

Postby UnderneathTheLights » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 am

Not able to give any insight on AAA but the following are just rumors I have heard regarding lower classifications...for football....i do NOT know if any are true.

Possibilities of moving down to Single A....

Hilton Head Christian
Hilton Head Prep

Possibilities of moving up to AA....

Colleton Prep
John Paul II
Pee Dee

Carolina Academy is growing fairly fast...last I heard they were over 400 and growing but not sure what that means for their football numbers (boys).

Anybody else heard any rumors?
UnderneathTheLights
JV

Postby docgibbons » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:54 am

Northside Christian moves up to 11-man - don’t know if A or AA -
btw - would HHC and HHP ever consider merging?
docgibbons
All-American

Postby UnderneathTheLights » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:24 am

I would say no. Hilton Head Prep being all the way on the island in Sea Pines and Hilton Head Christian just made the announcement that they will basically be building near Bluffton, off the island on land that was gifted to them a while back...I believe before the boom started in that area. There was a news release about the move last year sometime.
UnderneathTheLights
JV

Return to SCISA