2018-19 2019-2020 SCISA RECLASSIFICATION

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

2018-19 2019-2020 SCISA RECLASSIFICATION

Postby sc7777(godfather) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 pm

FOOTBALL

CLASS AAA
Augusta Christian, Ben Lippen, Cardinal Newman, First Baptist, Hammond, Heathwood Hall, Porter-Gaud, Pinewood Prep, Wilson Hall

10 schools largest enrollment 226 smallest enrollment 152
Average Class AAA enrollment 152

CLASS AA
Florence Christian, Greenwood Christian, Hilton Head Prep, Hilton Head Christian, John Paul ll, Northwood Academy, Oakbrook Prep, Orangeburg Prep, Robert E. Lee, St. Andrews, Trinity-Byrnes, Williamsburg

12 schools largest enrollment 105 Smallest enrollment 69
Average Class AA enrollment

Class A

Bethesda Academy, Carolina Academy, Christian Academy, Colleton Prep, Dillon Christian, Dorchester Academy, Northside Christian, Palmetto Christian, Pee Dee Academy, Spartanburg Christian, Thomas Heyward, Thomas Sumter

12 schools Largest enrollment 68 Smallest enrollment 30
Average Class A enrollment 58

8-Man Division One

Andrew Jackson, Beaufort Academy, Calhoun Academy, Cathedral Academy, Clarendon Hall, The King's, Richard Winn Academy, St. Johns Christian

8 schools Largest enrollment 47 Smallest enrollment 35
Average Div one enrollment 40

8-Man Division Two

Faith Christian, Holly Hill Academy, Jefferson Davis Academy, Laurens Academy, Newberry Academy, Patrick Henry Academy, Wardlaw Academy, W.W. King Academy

8 schools Largest enrollment 33 Smallest enrollment 25
Average Division Two enrollment 29

NON FOOTBALL

CLASS AAA

Ashley Hall,Augusta Christian, Ben Lippen, Cardinal Newman, First Baptist, Florence Christian, Hammond School, Heathwood Hall, Laurence Manning, Northwood Academy, Orangeburg Prep, Pinewood Prep, Porter-Gaud, Wilson Hall

CLASS AA

Bethesda Academy, Carolina Academy, Christian Academy, Colleton Prep, Dillon Christian, Calhoun Academy, Greenwood Christian, Hilton Head Christian, Hilton Head Prep, John Paul ll, Marlboro Academy, Northside Christian, Oakbrook Prep, Palmetto Christian of Mt. Pleasant, Pee Dee Academy, Robert E. Lee Academy, St. Andrews School, Shannon Forest, Spartanburg Christian, Spartanburg Day, The Kings Academy, Thomas Heyward Academy, Thomas Sumter Academy, Williamsburg Academy

CLASS A

Anderson Christian, Andrew Jackson, Beaufort Academy, Cambridge Academy, Cathedral Academy, Charleston Collegiate, Clarendon Hall, Community Christian Academy of Martinez, Ga, Conway Christian, Coastal Christian, Covenant Christian, Curtis Baptist, Crown Leadership, Cross Schools, Dorchester Academy, Faith Christian, Wardlaw Academy, Georgetown School, Glenforest School, Holy Trinity (Beaufort), Holly Hill Academy, James island Christian, Jefferson Davis Academy, Laurens Academy, Low Country Prep, Mead Hall Episcopal, Montessori School of Anderson, Newberry Academy, North Myrtle Beach Christian, Palmetto Christian (Greenwood), Patrick Henry Academy, Richard Winn, Ridge Christian, Risen Christ, St. Johns Christian, St. Francis Xavier, South Aiken Christian, W.W. King Academy

REGIONS WILL BE ASSIGNED IN NOVEMBER AFTER APPEALS ARE HEARD.
sc7777(godfather)
Varsity

Re: 2018-19 2019-2020 SCISA RECLASSIFICATION

Postby docgibbons » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:22 am

only 9 schools in AAA?
docgibbons
All-American

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:28 am

Godfather left Laurence Manning off the AAA list.
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby docgibbons » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:54 am

i was wondering which one was left off. There's some very interesting placements in this realignment - numbers have apparently been very fluid
docgibbons
All-American

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:21 pm

The AAA numbers are not making sense. If the 8-11 boys enrollment is in a range of 225-152, how is 152 the average?

We were the largest AA school in this present cycle, but based on what I'm reading I'd be willing to wager Orangeburg Prep is the 105 at the top of AA and we're likely second. OP was on the AAA side of the cutoff this cycle.

I find it interesting ACS and FB have leapfrogged both FCS and OP into AAA. Be interested to hear any insights into that.
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby SCFridayNightLights » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:11 pm

I agree with OP being the 105. They’re not that bad of a team but size is their ultimate downfall.

OP (0 D1 offers) held Ben Lippen (55 D1 offers) to only 7 point in the first half before they finally got their groove in the 2nd half and pulled away with a 34-7 win.

That OP defense looked liked one of the best defenses i have ever seen in the first half with the exception of missed tackles on the 2nd play of the game that lead to the lone touchdown of the 1st half.

Credit to Op, they played a heck of a half. Clearly out-matched in size and talent, they managed to hang on to one of the best teams in the state.
SCFridayNightLights
Freshman

Postby cyclonefan11 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:09 am

Mis-type. The smallest number is 107 (Wilson Hall or ACS I believe). ACS moving back up doesn't surprise me as they had been AAA for a long time before recent drop down. First Baptist seems to be doing well with their move which brought numbers up. Biggest AA schools are probably OP, FCS, and TB.

Hard part with finding a "clean break" right now as there are 4-5 schools (PG, LMA, CN, Ham) that are way bigger than rest of AAA schools. The WH, PW, HHES numbers are actually closer to some of the AA schools than their larger AAA opponents. I wish they'd pull 5-6 more teams up and have 2 16-team divisions of 11 man and 1 16-team division of 8-man. But its easy to sit and say what we think should be done on this side of the computer. That committee has a very tough job!
cyclonefan11
Varsity

Postby UnderneathTheLights » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:11 pm

[quote=“cyclonefan11”]Mis-type. The smallest number is 107 (Wilson Hall or ACS I believe). ACS moving back up doesn’t surprise me as they had been AAA for a long time before recent drop down. First Baptist seems to be doing well with their move which brought numbers up. Biggest AA schools are probably OP, FCS, and TB.

Hard part with finding a “clean break” right now as there are 4-5 schools (PG, LMA, CN, Ham) that are way bigger than rest of AAA schools. The WH, PW, HHES numbers are actually closer to some of the AA schools than their larger AAA opponents. I wish they’d pull 5-6 more teams up and have 2 16-team divisions of 11 man and 1 16-team division of 8-man. But its easy to sit and say what we think should be done on this side of the computer. That committee has a very tough job![/quote]

At one time, that's how it was....Single A was 8-man and then you had AA and AAA that were 11 man.
UnderneathTheLights
JV

Postby CoachSalley » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:36 am

I think two of the biggest hurdles in terms of making AA/AAA better are that (1) even the biggest and best AA teams (except First Baptist, now in AAA) would struggle with all but the very tail end of AAA, and therefore (2) unless there are enough AAA schools to completely (or almost completely) fill two conference schedules, pretty much every out-of-conference game for AAA would need to be filled from the other AAA conference.

So, this year, for example, if there were 12 teams with the traditional 100+ boys that marks the smallest AAA school, you could have had two six-team conferences. But that means only 5 region games out of 10 weeks. How do you fill five more games on Hammond or LMA or PG's schedule? Can't give them a bunch of AA, as those are awful mismatches (and even more so if you've now counted twelve in AAA). So you fill them with basically most of the other side of AAA. Maybe you get a top AA team, maybe a team requests a SCHSL opponent. But either way, it defeats the purpose of having the two regions. Considering those limitations, drawing the line at 10, with 9 conference games and one bye/SCHSL rival/AA game makes the most sense.

The other irreconcilable issue is just geography. Let's say there are two regions. There's a bunch of SCISA class AAA in Columbia, which is nice for them. Now that FB is up, that gives PG, PW, and FB three Charleston teams. But who from the Pee Dee draws the short straw and gets the hundred-mile trip every Friday instead of an hour? And what happens in a year when one region is loaded and the other half is down?

Unfortunately, most of those things are outside of SCISA's control. I'll bet that meeting is a lot like trying to nail Jell-o to a tree.
CoachSalley
Freshman

Postby J1871 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:05 pm

It will be interesting to see where they put Northside Christian for a non-football region. Not many AA schools in the midlands - or Charleston for that matter.
J1871
JV

Return to SCISA