SCISA 2017-2018 Basketball Region Champs

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

SCISA 2017-2018 Basketball Region Champs

Postby jstrick » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:38 pm

Docgibbons and Mr. Doolittle have done an excellent job of putting together and documenting SCISA's football history, but other sports are lacking. I've been doing what I can to piece together what I can find to help make SCISA's athletics history more complete.

To get that going, who are the various region champs this year in basketball?

I know that in Region III-A it was
boys: Clarendon Hall
girls: Patrick Henry

I feel confident in saying that Region II-A was (but I'm not 100% sure)
boys: Anderson Christian
girls: Laurens

Please post and comment with any others you know. If I get a whole list, I'll see about asking about prior years and see if I can build a list of region/conference champs and state titles for other sports besides football. Or if someone just happens to know all this stuff back to the 60s that would be great too lol. If there is already a list of this year's champs please let me know.
jstrick
Freshman

Re: SCISA 2017-2018 Basketball Region Champs

Postby docgibbons » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 pm

confirmed for A2 - boys - Anderson Christian. girls - Laurens
docgibbons
All-American

Postby J1871 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm

A little early to say who the region champs are in various regions with two weeks left in the regular season. Not all regions host championships, so some are still up for grabs. I know that region II AA for instance still has at least 3 regular season dates to play and some teams as many as 5 region games to complete before the end of the regular season.
J1871
Varsity

Postby jstrick » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:53 pm

I was not aware of that. Appreciate you commenting and telling me. I'm a football guy not a basketball guy. I'm just trying to get the information down and I don't think SCISA releases a definitive list. Trust me...when you start digging into SCISA athletics history there are so many things that are just unknowns until you ask the right people or happen to find the right newspaper.

I figured this would be the easiest way to get the information I was looking for. Hopefully people will post here as they find out. I feel like football is so talked about but we neglect basketball and spring sports.
jstrick
Freshman

Postby docgibbons » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 pm

well - first round of state tournament is scheduled on 16 Feb - so gotta get those games wrapped up
docgibbons
All-American

Return to SCISA