2018 11-Man Football Schedule

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Re: 2018 11-Man Football Schedule

Postby SackThe_Back » Fri May 11, 2018 12:44 pm

At this rate, 7 man football seems inevitable.

Is it just fewer schools or parents scared of football?
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Postby KSML » Fri May 11, 2018 1:36 pm

[quote=“SackThe_Back”]At this rate, 7 man football seems inevitable.

Is it just fewer schools or parents scared of football?[/quote]

I think it is just that football is hard and a lot of kids are not up for the challenge. It hurts, too, when you have a young team that doesn't win and some kids lose interest. Many schools have fewer enrollment but even that goes in cycles. At Laurens Academy we have a huge 9th grade class this year with a lot of boys who actually play sports. If we can keep them all interested and out of the principal's office, we have the makings of a good run in a couple of years.

Another problem kids have is playing for a true school team that is made up of kids who attend for school and not just for sports. When those schools play against much bigger schools and/or schools who recruit for a certain sport, it can be disheartening to lose to those teams.
KSML
Freshman

Postby SackThe_Back » Sat May 12, 2018 10:07 pm

Palmetto Christian is playing Garret Tech in the Sertoma Classic. Doesn't mean they are not playing 8 man, but makes it more unlikely.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Postby J1871 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:23 pm

[quote=“SackThe_Back”]Palmetto Christian is playing Garret Tech in the Sertoma Classic. Doesn’t mean they are not playing 8 man, but makes it more unlikely.[/quote]
Just swapped text with the head coach. PCA will play its scrimmage quarter against Garrett in Sertoma, but the regular season will be 8 man. My guess (and this is only a guess) is that we are just trying to keep our spot in the Sertoma for whenever we are able to get back to 11 man.

I'm actually looking forward to the 8 man season. We played one 8 man game back when my son was a soph. (2006 season - I was off by one year in my previous post to Doc Gibbons) against St. Paul's Academy (formerly Country Day), but not another since then.
J1871
Varsity

Postby SackThe_Back » Sun May 13, 2018 7:05 pm

Ok thanks for the info. Hopefully I can make it out to a game so I can see y'all play.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Previous

Return to SCISA