Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

2A Football

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

2A Football

Postby EagleMan52 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Since we got a 3A thread going, let's get 2A started. I know it's early but spring practice has gotten underway. So what's everybody seeing out there?
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Re: 2A Football

Postby generals » Tue May 11, 2010 11:48 pm

HHC will likely be the favorites again this year, but it's pretty wide open after that. Northwood lost practically everything, CPA will be losing some players and coaches, and TSA is having to replace several key players. Those were the final four teams. Dorchester isn't even in 2A anymore. Calhoun may be a little better than they were last year. I don't know how strong Pee Dee and HHP will be this year, but that's your 8 playoff teams from last year.

It's very difficult to predict anything because we don't know who may be transferring in or out at these schools, but based solely on returning players, I'd predict the playoffs to have TSA, Pee Dee, FCS, and Calhoun out of region I and HHC, HHP, CPA, and Northwood in no particular order. I know FCS is the only change, but I really don't see anyone else in either region finishing higher than any of the teams listed.

I think in a few years Miller will have St. Andrews competing, but it will take some time to build that program.
generals
Varsity

Postby EagleMan52 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:34 pm

I'm interested to see how we do this year. As everyone knows we will be having a lot of our JV guys moving up. A lot will depend on how quickly our players adjust to the speed of the Varsity level. Fortunately, some of our guys have experience on Varsity, but not all of them. If they can adjust sooner rather than later, we should be decent. Plus, its only May, and who knows who is going to walk in FC's door by the time August gets here.
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Postby krabbypatty » Wed May 12, 2010 5:57 pm

If I'm not mistaken, CPA will be 1A next season in football.
krabbypatty
Freshman

Postby generals » Wed May 12, 2010 8:49 pm

krabbypatty wrote:If I'm not mistaken, CPA will be 1A next season in football.

After you mentioned it, I went back to look and see and you are correct. CPA is moving down to 1A and First Baptist will be 2A. It will be interesting to see who can grab that final playoff spot between First Baptist, St. Andrew's, and Thomas Heyward. Brock may be able to get that final spot at St. Andrew's after all.
generals
Varsity

Postby EagleMan52 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:14 am

I believe 2A is going to be up for grabs by the time this is all said and done. I'm sure the Hilton Head Teams will be good again, but sounds like Northwood will be down this year. Throw in a couple sleeper teams and you have yourself a battle. Should be a fun year and I can't wait to get things kicked off!
EagleMan52
All-American

Postby generals » Thu May 13, 2010 11:00 pm

I think you're right. I want to say I remember reading where a good bit of HHC will be back. I could be wrong though. That's why I think they'll be a favorite. I know HHP has Layman coming back at QB, but I'm not sure who else they have coming back. Other than that, that division is wide open.

As I said, we lost a good bit of our skill positions, but we have some decent skill guys coming up. Dorchester is gone. I don't know what Pee Dee has coming back so they could be pretty decent. FCS will be pretty good once those young guys get that early season experience. Calhoun is always decent. REL lost a lot I believe and I don't have a clue about Williamsburg.

I certainly believe this will be as wide open as it's been in the last 3 years or so. There could be 4 or 5 teams that can win the championship.
generals
Varsity

Postby Blue Maverick » Fri May 14, 2010 6:50 am

I think HHP only lost 3 seniors.
Blue Maverick
Freshman

Postby EagleMan52 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 pm

I wanted to bump this back up. Can some of yall breakdown 2A like yall have been breaking down 3A. I'm not "Educated" enough to do 2A, even though I follow it closely.
EagleMan52
All-American

Postby footballer1998 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:21 am

2A seems to be wide open for Region 2. Northwood lost alot, including Singleton. Hilton Head Christian lost some key players. Hilton Head Prep did not lose much and they are sure to pick some kids up. First Baptist will hinge on if the basketball players decide to play football this season. Thomas Heyward lost some key guys, including Pender. St. Andrew's did not lose much, they did lose Watts and aquire Brock Miller as a coach. All that being said it could shake down like this:
1. Hilton Head Prep
2. Hilton Head Christian
3. Northwood
4. Thomas Heyward
5. St. Andrew's
6. First Baptist
Fight the good fight, finish the race, keep the faith.
footballer1998
Freshman

Next

Return to SCISA