Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

96 VS McCormick

Here's a place for all classes to talk about South Carolina prep basketball. Hoop it up.

96 VS McCormick

Postby cattail » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:33 pm

The Wildcats of 96 will host the basketball Chiefs of McCormick. Girls tipoff at 6pm and the boys will follow. Should be a great time hope to see you all their.
Go Cats! Go Buccs! Come get you some!
cattail
All-American

Re: 96 VS McCormick

Postby cattail » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:16 pm

I really don't know what was the worst in this game, the officiating or the turnovers. I know it's a thankless job but dang. One of the refs did a great job, one did the best he could and one, well he absolutly should not even be allowed to call P&R. Enough on the Refs it is what it is.
McCormick pulled out a good win against the cats 65-62 down in 96
96 had a chance to win the game down by one with 6 seconds to play and they turned the ball over and had to foul. #20 nailed the two FT and 96 missed the last attempt.
Both teams had just under 30 turnovers each. Mayhem all night.
96 hit 13 of 27 free throws and hitting 7-11 in the fourth quarter. Maybe their best free throw percentage all year.
MC hit 19 of 29 free throws while making 13-20 of those in the 4th QTR. MC only scored one basket in the 4th qtr 15 total.
I have no idea what the actual field goal percentage was but if i was beating man it proly be under 25% for both teams.
MC held a 50-40 lead after three Qrtrs and 96 outscored MC 22-15 in the 4th losing by 3
#10 Jefferson lead all scores with 30 points. he hit 5 three pointers, 6 two pointers and 3-5 from the line. He is a pure shooter.
#32 Carroll for 96 poured in 16 and a bunch of rebounds.
I wish I could draw something good from this game but after watching nearly 60 turnovers, not much to talk about. Guess it is early in the season.
good luck to both teams.
Go Cats! Go Buccs! Come get you some!
cattail
All-American

Re: 96 VS McCormick

Postby Jacktharippa » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Good job chiefs. We finally get a win so now the fans can calm down a little bit. Chief fans have to be patient with this team. We dont have the flat out ball players as we have had in the past but these guys can make some noise in 1A.
Jacktharippa
JV

Return to S.C. Prep Basketball