Class 2A - Region II

Here's a place for all classes to talk about South Carolina prep basketball. Hoop it up.

Re: Class 2A - Region II

Postby rkb96 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Cattail fundamentals is very hard to teach when players have been doing it wrong their entire basketball career. For example, a kid that shoots from the side instead of overhead that has been sucessful shooting that way his entire bb career it will be all most impossible to change that habit by the time he gets to HS. Players not jump stopping their entire careers it would be near impossible to get him to do it when they get to HS. If you get right down to it by the time a player gets to varsity level bb basic fundamentals should all ready be known. It might be the lack of fundamentals being stressed at the lower levels that ultimately dooms them when they get to the varsity level. Free throws wow that is a lost art now days. I read that a FG in football has a greater chance of being made now than a FT hard to believe. Kids no longer practive FTs instead they practice 3's and dunking.
In my opinion the kids at 96 simply do not play enough BB they grow up and want to play FB not BB
rkb96
Freshman

Re: Class 2A - Region II

Postby cattail » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Can't argue with you there RKB, Nail hit on head to a certain point. There is still plenty of fundamentals in defense or simply passing that can be much improved and don't even get me started on Free throws.
Go Cats! Go Buccs! Come get you some!
cattail
All-American

Previous

Return to S.C. Prep Basketball