WHO YOU GOT IN THE STATE TITLE GAME??

Here's a place for all classes to talk about South Carolina prep basketball. Hoop it up.

WHO YOU GOT IN THE STATE TITLE GAME??

Postby thafortdgrad00 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:14 pm

This year the matchups are much tougher than it was a year ago, so I believe the title games this year could be the best in a long time. here's my take.

GIRLS A- Hemmingway vs McCormick
I dont know much about the chiefs, but i've seen Hemmingway, and they are solid. The way they beat Timmonsville was very very impressive. They frustrate and shut down Sade Eli, arguably the best Class A player in the state. This one is too close to call

BOYS A- Whale Branch vs Lewisville
Lewisville to me is the unknown. I see the lions has size, which could pose a problem for the warriors who dont have much size. However the warriors are very very quick, and can shoot the 3. They do get after it on Defense and force alot of steals. If the guard play for lewisville is not, good, they could be in trouble.

GIRLS AA- Bishop England vs Keenan
The bishops are very fundamentally sound, not very athletic except for maybe michelle Boykin, and Keenan is athletic. Its hard to beat the bishops, if you turn the ball over, and not hit shots, the bishops will win, They will not beat themselves. Crisp passing, and precision is what i see the bishops play.

BOYS AA- Lake Marion vs Newberry. great matchup. run team vs slow down type team with loads of athletes everywhere. could go either way

RAN OUT OF TIME AT THE LIBRARY FOR THE REST. WILL TRY TO GET TO A COMPUTER TO FINISH.
thafortdgrad00
JV

Re: WHO YOU GOT IN THE STATE TITLE GAME??

Postby #1 Granny » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Good luck Newberry.
I have seen at least one game a year that these jrs & srs have played the last 3 years even saw them as a travel ball team a couple of years ago, and I hope they win State. I only saw the Landrum game this year and they looked smoother, and more polished, and more of a team, then I remembered from last year.

Since I have not seen Lake Marion, I can’t say which is the better team. I can however state that Newberry will play hard and tough. There will be many fouls, and many not called, as all will be fouling at the same time, but it will not hurt the team, as they have 15 impressive players, and when they sub, and unless you are paying close attention, you will not know, because there is little fall off even when the whole team is subbed out. I couldn’t name one stand out player, because having 5 members scoring double digits most games, there is no keying on one or two players they are of equal talent unlike any high school team I have seen play, and I mostly saw 4A teams this year.

So again, good luck Newberry.
#1 Granny
JV

Postby mayorofhooterville » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks, Granny, for your support of Newberry High baasketball tomorrow.
You are more then welcome to be a member of the Bulldog nation anytime you wish to be!

TURN IT UP!!!
mayorofhooterville
JV

Postby Jacktharippa » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:27 pm

McCormick has a point guard just as good as Sade Eli. They also have a good center in Jennings. They won't jack as many 3s as I heard Timmonsville because they like to attack the basket. Its really to close to call. Should be a great game.
Jacktharippa
JV

Postby Total Dominance » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Hemingway girls would beat either of the teams that were playing for the 2A championship. They were every bit as good as advertised!

6 state championships (1971, 1981, 1991, 1996, 2010, 2011)
9 upper state championships
and counting ...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby cattail » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:48 pm

#1 Granny wrote:Good luck Newberry.
I have seen at least one game a year that these jrs & srs have played the last 3 years even saw them as a travel ball team a couple of years ago, and I hope they win State. I only saw the Landrum game this year and they looked smoother, and more polished, and more of a team, then I remembered from last year.

Since I have not seen Lake Marion, I can’t say which is the better team. I can however state that Newberry will play hard and tough. There will be many fouls, and many not called, as all will be fouling at the same time, but it will not hurt the team, as they have 15 impressive players, and when they sub, and unless you are paying close attention, you will not know, because there is little fall off even when the whole team is subbed out. I couldn’t name one stand out player, because having 5 members scoring double digits most games, there is no keying on one or two players they are of equal talent unlike any high school team I have seen play, and I mostly saw 4A teams this year.

So again, good luck Newberry.

Tough loss for the Dogs, They put up a good fight to a much longer and pretty talented Lake marion team. That was a very exciting game to watch and the game was much closer than the final score. I'm not sure but I'm willing to bet there where 10 ties and 25 lead changes during this game. It seemd like when LM got up by three in the last couple minutes that Newberyy got out of sink and started trying to make to much happen instead of playing their game. N can rain on those 3's and Praylow is a solid finisher but neither happen in the last minute. Tough loss but Congratulations to all.
Go Cats! Go Buccs! Come get you some!
cattail
All-American

Return to S.C. Prep Basketball