SUMMERVILLE AT BEAUFORT BBALL 2/4/14

Here's a place for all classes to talk about South Carolina prep basketball. Hoop it up.

SUMMERVILLE AT BEAUFORT BBALL 2/4/14

Postby BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:38 pm

THIS WAS A BIG REGION 8 4A MATCHUP FOR BOTH THE BEAUFORT AND SUMMERVILLE BOYS BASKETBALL TEAMS. IT WAS A PRETTY CLOSE GAME THRU OUT. I KNEW IT WOULD BE TOUGH FOR BEAUFORT. BEAUFORT'S LEADING SCORER KENDRICK COLVIN WHO IS AVG ABOUT 20 POINTS A GAME MISSED THIS GAME. COLVIN WAS HURT IN THE BLUFFTON GAME LAST WEEK. HE WILL PROBABLY BE OUT FOR THE REST OF THE REGULAR SEASON FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BUT HE WANTS TO COME BACK FOR THE BLUFFTON GAME NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT.

BEAUFORT HAD THEIR CHANCES IN THE GAME BUT THEY MISSED A LOT OF FREE THROWS AND THE COACHING WAS QUESTIONABLE. I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE COACHES TOOK PLAYERS OUT OF THE GAME WHO WERE MAKING BASKETS AND LEFT PLAYERS IN WHO WERE STRUGGLING SHOOTING THE BALL. I DO WANT TO SAY CONGRATS TO SUMMERVILLE ON THE WIN OVER MY EAGLES. SUMMERVILLE BEAT BEAUFORT 52-47. BEAUFORT'S BOYS DROP TO 16-4 OVERALL AND 4-3 IN REGION 8 4A. I STILL THINK THAT THE BEAUFORT BOYS WILL MAKE SOME NOISE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

AS FOR BEAUFORT'S GIRLS.....THE LADY EAGLES LOST TO SUMMERVILLE 64-33. BEAUFORT'S GIRLS BBALL TEAM FALLS TO 4-15 OVERALL AND 0-7 IN REGION 8 4A.

NEXT UP FOR BOTH BEAUFORT TEAMS IS ANOTHER KEY REGION 8 4A GAME AGAINST ASHLEY RIDGE ON FRIDAY FEB 7TH AT HOME. HOPEFULLY BOTH BEAUFORT TEAMS WILL COME OUT WITH WINS. :mrgreen: ;)

HERE IS THE WRITE-UP OF THE GAMES FROM THE BEAUFORT GAZETTE:

http://www.islandpacket.com/2014/02/05/ ... ufort.html

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Head Football Coach Mark Clifford’s Record 109-60 after his 14th season at Beaufort
Beaufort State Titles in Football 2
Go Beaufort Eagles!!!! Go USC Gamecocks!!!!
BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
All-American

Return to S.C. Prep Basketball