lake Marion vs Newberry 2014 2a title rematch!!

Here's a place for all classes to talk about South Carolina prep basketball. Hoop it up.

lake Marion vs Newberry 2014 2a title rematch!!

Postby DC Allstate 97 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Once again..I had said earlier this year that these two teams will meet again n I was right,lake Marion high gators looks to repeat again as champions in 2a basketball but here again are those nasty hungry buldogs of Newberry high..they seem to bit whoever that stand in thier way..last year title game had over 17.000 fans watchin and this year will be even more if they can fit in the colonial life arena. This is a must watch game this wkend..good luck to both teams.prediction:Newberry 85 lake Marion:75
DC Allstate 97
Freshman

Re: lake Marion vs Newberry 2014 2a title rematch!!

Postby thafortdgrad00 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:09 pm

I think lake marion repeats. They have size and athletic ability that will be key. But agree that this will be the best game of the day.
thafortdgrad00
Varsity

Postby DC Allstate 97 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:02 pm

thafortdgrad00 wrote:I think lake marion repeats. They have size and athletic ability that will be key. But agree that this will be the best game of the day.

I agree this will the the best game this wkend..but I disagree size dont matter to Newberry they have played 4a and 5a schools in the dorman classic that was bigger n faster than lake Marion.last week Indian land had a player that was 6"8 so size dnt matter..Newberry returns 9 seniors n thats a big advantage coming in this .im giving the edge to the bulldogs to win by 10.but if lake Marion play like they did against hardeeville last week all lacks..it wont be good!
DC Allstate 97
Freshman

Postby thafortdgrad00 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Newberry has lake marion attention. Lake marion took ridgeland lightly. But did win by 11. When lake marion is focused. Look out. Ask mullins. The thing about lake marion is that they can play at any pace. Coach roy brown is a winner and knows how to get his players to win in big games like he did at holly hill-roberts
thafortdgrad00
Varsity

Postby DC Allstate 97 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:16 pm

thafortdgrad00 wrote:Newberry has lake marion attention. Lake marion took ridgeland lightly. But did win by 11. When lake marion is focused. Look out. Ask mullins. The thing about lake marion is that they can play at any pace. Coach roy brown is a winner and knows how to get his players to win in big games like he did at holly hill-roberts
I agree coach brown is a great coach..and anybody can beat Mullins and I have alot of respect for lake Marion they are #1 in 2a on paper.but if lake Marion schedule was tougher ill give them a pass.Newberry has played tougher teams than lake Marion.
DC Allstate 97
Freshman

Postby thafortdgrad00 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:26 pm

the past 2yrs was the same with newberry having the much tougher schedule, but we all know the results of that. (state title loss to North Charleston, and last season to lake marion) The bulldogs are good, i will give them credit, but the gators are equally as good, where they can play slow down or fast pace, the bulldogs play very very fast, not sure what happens if they play in a half court game where that team dictates the tempo, and to be honest, had North Charleston had much more depth, i wouldnt think that game that year would have been as close as it was at the end, when the cougars were worn out due to lack of depth.
thafortdgrad00
Varsity

Postby DC Allstate 97 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:56 pm

thafortdgrad00 wrote:the past 2yrs was the same with newberry having the much tougher schedule, but we all know the results of that. (state title loss to North Charleston, and last season to lake marion) The bulldogs are good, i will give them credit, but the gators are equally as good, where they can play slow down or fast pace, the bulldogs play very very fast, not sure what happens if they play in a half court game where that team dictates the tempo, and to be honest, had North Charleston had much more depth, i wouldnt think that game that year would have been as close as it was at the end, when the cougars were worn out due to lack of depth.
I agree with u but those past 2yrs Newberry was a very very young team
DC Allstate 97
Freshman

Return to S.C. Prep Basketball