STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES THOUGHTS AND PREDICTIONS

Here's a place for all classes to talk about South Carolina prep basketball. Hoop it up.

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES THOUGHTS AND PREDICTIONS

Postby thafortdgrad00 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Class A boys
Whale Branch vs C.A Johnson- I've seen the warriors play, and they are very solid, have a pretty good coach that gets into the game and his players feed off his emotion, but they do turn the ball over alot in pressure situations. I dont know much to nothing about the hornets except for Mike Knox. He can be a difference maker, so I give them the edge. I would go with Whale Branch, but not having the Middleton brothers, may hurt them

Class A Girls
Latta vs St. Joe- I"ve seen latta last week, and they're impressive. They beat Timmonsville lead by Sade Eli and Justice Gee, and Hemmingway lead by iresha Cooper and Diamond McFadden (the defending state champs) So i have to give the edge to them. The player leggette latta has is one to watch, she is good.

Class AA Girls
Bishop England vs Andrew Jackson- I think the Bishops will win this one, after letting the title slip away last year. The bishops are lead by Michelle Boykin (who is the real deal) and Mary Harriot-moore.they've beaten teams by more than 15pts mostly all season long. The way they took it to a very athletic, physical, and unbeaten Dillon team lead by superstar Tyshanna Lester was impressive

Class AA Boys
Newberry vs Lake Marion- here we go again, the best game by far of the day. Newberry and the gators square off yet again, in which the bulldogs is looking for payback. The gators didnt look good vs Ridgeland, and seem like they were overlooking the jaguars last week. They came out the tunnel with no fire, and just walked out there, i dont think that wont be the case saturday because those hungry bulldogs got there attention, and if they dont bring their A game, the bulldogs will win, but I pick Lake Marion because they're going to bring it

Class AAA Girls
Crestwood vs Dreher
Crestwood upset OW in upset, and thrilling fashion, while Dreher up set rival and defending state champ Lower Richland. I think Dreher led by player of the year Kadra Duckett, will cruise to victory. Crestwood is solid on defense, and could make things interesting.

Class AAA Boys
AC Flora vs Darlington
Darlington dont have much size in the backcourt, but their guards are tough, and very very fast, they're like sand gnats on defense. I think Falcons of Darlington will beat the Falcons of AC Flora, because Big D is due to win the big one after knocking on the door a few times either at lower state or at state.

Class AAAA
I got greenwood edging out Dutch fork, but The foxes can win that game i believe

Class AAAA boys
I got Wando over Hillcrest in an upset. Wando is very very good, with size and depth. 6'9 matt Pegram and 6'5 super sophmore wingman James Rogers will be key, also amp moore the pt guard. Hillcrest did upset Irmo, so this could be a good game, Wando is out to prove their not just a soccer or baseball school in this matchup. What do you think
thafortdgrad00
Varsity

Return to S.C. Prep Basketball