Who Let The Dogs Out!Newberry whips lake marion

Here's a place for all classes to talk about South Carolina prep basketball. Hoop it up.

Who Let The Dogs Out!Newberry whips lake marion

Postby DC Allstate 97 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Congrats to the Newberry high bulldogs basketball team on winning the 2014 2a state championship..the bulldogs beat lake Marion high gators by the score 77 to 47 by beating the #1 ranked gators by 30 the bulldog nation fans was Crunk the entire game..i said earlier this week I thought that Newberry will win by 10 but not by 30 wow!!!!!!
DC Allstate 97
Freshman

Re: Who Let The Dogs Out!Newberry whips lake marion

Postby Total Dominance » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:33 am

DC Allstate 97 wrote:Congrats to the Newberry high bulldogs basketball team on winning the 2014 2a state championship..the bulldogs beat lake Marion high gators by the score 77 to 47 by beating the #1 ranked gators by 30 the bulldog nation fans was Crunk the entire game..i said earlier this week I thought that Newberry will win by 10 but not by 30 wow!!!!!!

total mismatch from the opening tip!

8 state championships ('71, '81, '91, '96, '10, '11, '15, '16)
11 upper state championships
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby thafortdgrad00 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Lake marion did not show up. Newberry wanted it more. It was an Impressive win. It goes to show that you cant just show up and think you won. The gators had no fire and the bulldogs had all the energy and got all the loose ball. . The hungrier team won
thafortdgrad00
Varsity

Postby mayorofhooterville » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:18 pm

I believe I'm right on this but Newberry's 30-point victory was the largest margin of victory by a high school boys team regardless of classification in the Colonial Life Arena's history since it first hosted the championships in 2003.
You could look in Newberry's eyes and tell the Bulldogs were going to come home with a state championship that day.
mayorofhooterville
JV

Postby DC Allstate 97 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:23 am

mayorofhooterville wrote:I believe I'm right on this but Newberry's 30-point victory was the largest margin of victory by a high school boys team regardless of classification in the Colonial Life Arena's history since it first hosted the championships in 2003.
You could look in Newberry's eyes and tell the Bulldogs were going to come home with a state championship that day.

I agree
DC Allstate 97
Freshman

Postby DC Allstate 97 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:45 am

Total Dominance wrote:
DC Allstate 97 wrote:Congrats to the Newberry high bulldogs basketball team on winning the 2014 2a state championship..the bulldogs beat lake Marion high gators by the score 77 to 47 by beating the #1 ranked gators by 30 the bulldog nation fans was Crunk the entire game..i said earlier this week I thought that Newberry will win by 10 but not by 30 wow!!!!!!

total mismatch from the opening tip!

you're right about that "total dominance"abbeville played newberry tougher than that in conference play and in the playoffs..the panthers should have been playing those bulldogs at the colonial life arena that saturday..not lake marion lol
DC Allstate 97
Freshman

Postby mayorofhooterville » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Before the playoffs started I noted that Abbeville was going to pull off some surprises in their bracket, most likely the second round.
The Newberry and Abbeville games this year were all great to watch and both teams virtually left everything they had on the courts those nights.
I would put Newberry and Abbeville for upper state and Newberry and Indian Land for state.
Regardless, it was a lot of respect for the Newberry team virtually every single time they took the court.
Fans of the other teams were often heard saying aloud they came just to see how good Newberry really was.
After what was usually ended up being a Newberry win, they would just say, 'Wow!' as they would be leaving the gym.
mayorofhooterville
JV

Postby Total Dominance » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:06 am

mayorofhooterville wrote:Before the playoffs started I noted that Abbeville was going to pull off some surprises in their bracket, most likely the second round.
The Newberry and Abbeville games this year were all great to watch and both teams virtually left everything they had on the courts those nights.
I would put Newberry and Abbeville for upper state and Newberry and Indian Land for state.
Regardless, it was a lot of respect for the Newberry team virtually every single time they took the court.
Fans of the other teams were often heard saying aloud they came just to see how good Newberry really was.
After what was usually ended up being a Newberry win, they would just say, 'Wow!' as they would be leaving the gym.

I totally agree! Coach Cary and his teams are always a lot of fun to watch and a class act.

8 state championships ('71, '81, '91, '96, '10, '11, '15, '16)
11 upper state championships
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby DC Allstate 97 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:34 pm

mayorofhooterville wrote:I believe I'm right on this but Newberry's 30-point victory was the largest margin of victory by a high school boys team regardless of classification in the Colonial Life Arena's history since it first hosted the championships in 2003.

You're right..newberry basketball never stops!and they will have a solid team returning again next year!
DC Allstate 97
Freshman

Postby mayorofhooterville » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:22 pm

It's amazing to go back and watch the broadcast of this game and see how Lake Marion's height never played a factor into the game.
Also, every single second the Gators were bringing the ball up court, there would be at least one Bulldog on them nearly every dribble. They just never got into any sort of rhythm because of this it seems.
mayorofhooterville
JV

Return to S.C. Prep Basketball