Gamecocks baseball

Talk college football, hoops, Clemson, South Carolina, recruiting and more in this forum

Gamecocks baseball

Postby GCGators#1Fan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:21 pm

we've got a great team and i think we got a good shot at making it to Omaha. i also think with our great pitching we could win the national championship
2011 it's our time now. No excuse not to win state this year. Goose Creek Gators lets get it done this year!
GCGators#1Fan
Freshman

Re: Gamecocks baseball

Postby Total Dominance » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:58 pm

The Gamecocks will make easy work of Coastal Carolina. The "Chants" record is impressive, but they do not play in the SEC.

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby GCGators#1Fan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:22 am

1 more win and we will be in the college world series
2011 it's our time now. No excuse not to win state this year. Goose Creek Gators lets get it done this year!
GCGators#1Fan
Freshman

Postby Total Dominance » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:52 pm

How 'bout them Gamecocks! World Series bound AGAIN!

and counting...

Total Dominance
All-American

Postby BulldogAtHeart » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:33 pm

I think the Gamecocks proved what a LOT were saying about the Chants in that their schedule was why they were ranked so high. Its not that they didnt win a lot of games, because they did, but they didnt win a lot of games vs quality competition. Congrats to the Gamecocks and who knows..maybe by some stroke of luck (I haven't seen the brackets yet), it will be an all SC World Series. Now THAT would be one hell of a good year no matter who won!
BulldogAtHeart
Freshman

Postby Total Dominance » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:31 pm

BulldogAtHeart wrote:I think the Gamecocks proved what a LOT were saying about the Chants in that their schedule was why they were ranked so high. Its not that they didnt win a lot of games, because they did, but they didnt win a lot of games vs quality competition. Congrats to the Gamecocks and who knows..maybe by some stroke of luck (I haven't seen the brackets yet), it will be an all SC World Series. Now THAT would be one hell of a good year no matter who won!

As long as it was USC!

and counting...

Total Dominance
All-American

Postby BulldogAtHeart » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Total Dominance wrote:
BulldogAtHeart wrote:I think the Gamecocks proved what a LOT were saying about the Chants in that their schedule was why they were ranked so high. Its not that they didnt win a lot of games, because they did, but they didnt win a lot of games vs quality competition. Congrats to the Gamecocks and who knows..maybe by some stroke of luck (I haven't seen the brackets yet), it will be an all SC World Series. Now THAT would be one hell of a good year no matter who won!

As long as it was USC!

lol I'll stick with my Tigers ;)
BulldogAtHeart
Freshman

Postby BulldogAtHeart » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:29 pm

Good Luck vs ASU tomorrow. They are tough but I think if ya'll get the bats going, USC sends ASU home.
BulldogAtHeart
Freshman

Postby footballfan84 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:37 am

I know the game has already been played and USC won but to say that Coastal didn't win a lot of games against vs. quality competition is a stretch. Let's see, first they beat Cal State Fullerton TWICE! They beat Clemson, Virginia Tech, NC State, North Carolina and that's just the ones I can think of without looking at their schedule. Even USC's coach Tanner said that Coastal was one of the best teams that they played all year so I'll take his word over yours. As with all schools the size of Coastal, their problem is lack of depth in the bullpen.
Talent alone won't make you a success. Neither will being at the right place at the right time, unless you're ready. The most important question is "are you ready"?
footballfan84
All-American

Postby BulldogAtHeart » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:07 pm

Coastal's schedule did not require them to go deep into their bullpen very often like they would have had they played teams at the level of the ones you mentioned more, esp on the weekends. I went to GWU and am very proud of that fact. However, I will be the first to tell you that the Bulldogs playing GT close 2 years ago was NOT because the Bulldogs were that good, it was because GT just didnt play that well. Its easier for teams like Coastal and GWU to get up for games vs the likes of UNC, VT, NCSU, Clemson, GT, UK, USC, etc for a game or 2. But play them week in and week out, and you will see the difference in their record. This is not a knock to the team, they definitely did great and made this whole state proud. But that doesn't change the fact that their schedule was slam full of opponents from the Big South, not ACC and SEC.
BulldogAtHeart
Freshman

Next

Return to College Sports