who will have a better season this year Clemson or USC

Talk college football, hoops, Clemson, South Carolina, recruiting and more in this forum

Re: who will have a better season this year Clemson or USC

Postby Total Dominance » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 am

The Sports Analyst wrote:The cat is out of the bag in the ACC it has been for a while,the hope was when they expanded that MIAMI,BC. FLORIDA ST. VA. TECH would bring the ACC up to a top tier conference instead it has brought some once college powers to there level.

Exactly, those four teams have sunk to near nothing status.

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby Anaxeo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:23 pm

If USC can manage to beat Florida and the other SEC East teams, they really have a chance to take the East.

I think that finishing second in the SEC beats being 2nd in the ACC any day. :lol:
Anaxeo
Freshman

Postby wesley » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:47 am

Now that Clemson is through beating up on the "little sisters of the poor nuns" and Presby-freaking - terian they can get down to the business of getting blistered by the mighty Auburn Tigers! Oh, wait, Auburn isn't so mighty? Doesn't matter, Clemson is still in for a beating.
"I AM WAR. I TAKE THEM ALL. I MAKE THEIR MOTHERS CRY. I HAVE NO MERCY. I AM WAR." GSGT BOB LEE ( BOB THE NAILER ) SWAGGER.
wesley
All-American

Postby Griffin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:52 am

Goodness, the Gamecock FINALLY beat Georgia after umpteen years, they get a little ranking and now they are talking about sec champs and lattimore for heisman. Look this is a lOOOOONg season. Let's see how this plays out. Oh yeah, GOOOOOOOOOOO Ohio State Buckeyes!
Griffin
All-American

Postby The Sports Analyst » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Wouldnt that be nice South Carolina vs. Ohio ST. for national championship,it would be the closes thing SC. has had to a sure thing in in a long time when it comes to bowl games because we have owned Ohio st. in bowl games, as the SEC has also against them in bowls.
The Sports Analyst

Postby atownplaya » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:41 pm

ACC is definitly not playing to par right now, last week was the week for them to make a point in some games and seems like all of them were losses. However, I guess USC is a better team because they continue being a mediocre SEC contender.....well I suppose it is an improvement since they use to hang with Vandy every year near the bottom.....But Hey they have a National Championship in baseball now, does that count? Well now that they are ranked this early due to preseason rankings and some last year ranked teams loosing out of the top 15 b/c they are obviously not as good......Something tells me the Chicken Curse may show its ugly head very soon.... :mrgreen: ...But I believe the true question was which one will have a better season correct? To be honest if Clemson doesnt put out and step up to the vacant postions that were left, they may end up with regular season records close to each other.....hate to say that, but Clemson could have, should have been better with that talent they had last year... :|
FoRmerLy KnOwN as ALL-AmeRiCan......AtOwNPlaYa........I am back and ready ....SPOT THE BALL !!!
atownplaya
JV

Postby The Sports Analyst » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:24 am

The ACC is in danger of catching the Boise ST. syndrome the conference is getting so bad when they finally do have a team that is undefeated or worthy for consideration to play for a championship the schedule they play inside and out the conference will doom them.The state of the acc is in now Clemson needs to be scheduling 4 of the strongest teams they can find to play them instead of Pc. North TEXAS,they have what should be many gimme games in the acc now days.
The Sports Analyst

Postby Total Dominance » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 am

The Sports Analyst wrote:The ACC is in danger of catching the Boise ST. syndrome the conference is getting so bad when they finally do have a team that is undefeated or worthy for consideration to play for a championship the schedule they play inside and out the conference will doom them.The state of the acc is in now Clemson needs to be scheduling 4 of the strongest teams they can find to play them instead of Pc. North TEXAS,they have what should be many gimme games in the acc now days.

Very valid point!

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby atownplaya » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:51 am

Totally agree....I am not sure what is going on but I do remember having UGA planned and then we end up with another LA Tech game and so on....I could really think of several good ones like a WV, another TCU, or even Texas A&M again ....Glad to let the guys warm up and let the young guns get a catchy feely but PC, Citadel, and North Texas and such :mrgreen....C'mon I would rather play a touger out of conference team and loose than play the cupcakes in away......Would not hear so much cocky talk from the coot fans that Host Easley Tech this week....just sayin :mrgreen:
FoRmerLy KnOwN as ALL-AmeRiCan......AtOwNPlaYa........I am back and ready ....SPOT THE BALL !!!
atownplaya
JV

Previous

Return to College Sports