Clemson Vs AU......USC Vs Easley Tech...

Talk college football, hoops, Clemson, South Carolina, recruiting and more in this forum

Re: Clemson Vs AU......USC Vs Easley Tech...

Postby The Sports Analyst » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:00 pm

A-town I will say this with all honesty unlike other fans I pull for Clemson other than when they play Sc.The reason is when I was in the Air force there was a lot of state pride in what ever unit you were in and when say Georgia for instance played SC. AND beat them I would have to hear it from the guys in my unit that were from Georgia,some of the time I could say yea but you didnt beat Clemson and vise versa,every weekend durring the season when we are tailgaiting at the fairgrounds usually it seems like Clemson is playing before us we are watching it on tv there and all my buddies are pulling for who ever Clemson is playing to beat them and I am saying no I want them to win,they cant understand it I tell them what is better beating a Clemson team that is 11-0 or 0-11.I like seeing both of these flag ship schools for the state do well it educates the rest of the country on some thing we all ready know in this state with our high school football it is the best in the country these football programs at both schools are ever so close to being top tier teams like Alabama,TEXAS,OHIO ST. just got to break through and win the national championship,Sec. championship or ACC and reload the next year instead of rebuild.I will say SC. has the most talent they have ever had there in school history since Spurrior has arrived still are mediocre so far,it has been a building process no doubt I beleive it even surprised Spurrior how long it has taken.But it is on the players now they are not out matched anymore like in the past they have the personel to get the job done in players and coaches,now its a matter of chemistry and mentality do we stay the staus qou or do we break new ground and take this program to the next level,it is like I told a lot of my fellow gamecocks there are no excusses this year if they flop it will be the players faults.They did not have champion mentality that is needed to make you Sec. champions are national champions.Like Spurrior has said a couple of time when we have held our own against the likes of Florida,Alabama etc. he is not in to moral victories I have to agree now the fans and players should be expecting and doing there all to win if they want to reach the prestige of some of the above mentioned programs.
The Sports Analyst

Postby atownplaya » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:09 am

correct, therfore S.C. can pretty much focus in on Clemson's accomplishments....and with their talent pretty much duplicate it and more than likely beat another overrated SEC Team.....however I will be pulling for the Auburn Tigers to win the SEC now !!! :lol:
FoRmerLy KnOwN as ALL-AmeRiCan......AtOwNPlaYa........I am back and ready ....SPOT THE BALL !!!
atownplaya
JV

Postby The Sports Analyst » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:09 am

You remind me of the kid that was setting behind me at the georgia game he was a georgia fan and he was in to the game the whole game,well it got down to about a minute and Georgia was on about our 30 yard line and he was hollering kick the field goal instead of going for the touch down and do an on sides kick as they needed 11 to tie score a touch down and 2 point conversion.I finally had to turn to him and say son your reaching now,just let it go and I gave him a hug everyone around us laughed,but I used to do like you envision ways that my team could comeback and win when the game was hopeless and like you when your team is outmatched.
The Sports Analyst

Postby atownplaya » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:14 am

Sports Analyst
You put that into words easier than I could have explained. Yes I was recently in the same boat with Texas, Georgia, USC (TROJANS), Penn State, and all over the Nation. They knew us boys were from South Carolina and they kept telling us we dont have a prayer in the SEC....And then my story unfolded....Well most of them surprisingly knew Clemson like the Nebraska, Arizona St. fans ect. And to see USC in the CWS was neat but to see S.C. and Clemson play each other raised so much attention with these guys it was unreal....I know your thoughts and feeling and I have alot of very close friends that are S.C. Fans but this rivalry is NASTY....I mean S.C. wins CWS and in the news and blogs it is all Clemson bashing......I bet 7 out of 10 so called Carolina fans don't even know who they played to win that game......that is what is ridiculous and thats the crap that keeps me bitter...lol...but yeah I enjoyed seeing the State of S.C. on the national level and in the Nations News reel, especially since both schools were their and had Coastal Carolina fighting hard to get in. And your friends tell you that you are not a true Gamecock fan for pulling for the Tigers....Tis a shame...
FoRmerLy KnOwN as ALL-AmeRiCan......AtOwNPlaYa........I am back and ready ....SPOT THE BALL !!!
atownplaya
JV

Previous

Return to College Sports