THE Timeless NBA Debate

Palmetto Football Talk’s Locker Room is a message board to discuss sports topics other than prep and college football. NASCAR, baseball, whatever - this is the place.

THE Timeless NBA Debate

Postby Starsbaseball5 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:07 am

Kobe Bryant VS. LeBron James

Ok, No one can deny that both of these men are incredible basketball players, arguably the best anyone has ever seen. But there can be only one #1

Facts to help you debate

Kobe Bryant: 5 NBA Championships, 1 MVP Award, Lakers All-time leading scorer, Avg. 25.3 ppg, 4.7 apg, and 5.3 rpg through 14 seasons(31 yrs old has maybe 5-7 more seasons) 25,790 career points scored

LeBron James: 1 Finals appearance, 2 MVP Awards, Cavs Alltime leading scorer, Avg. 27.8 ppg, 7 apg, and 7 rpg through 7 seasons( 25 years old still has a good 10 seasons in him) 15,251 career points scored
Starsbaseball5
Freshman

Re: THE Timeless NBA Debate

Postby Total Dominance » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Starsbaseball5 wrote:Kobe Bryant VS. LeBron James

Ok, No one can deny that both of these men are incredible basketball players, arguably the best anyone has ever seen. But there can be only one #1

Facts to help you debate

Kobe Bryant: 5 NBA Championships, 1 MVP Award, Lakers All-time leading scorer, Avg. 25.3 ppg, 4.7 apg, and 5.3 rpg through 14 seasons(31 yrs old has maybe 5-7 more seasons) 25,790 career points scored

LeBron James: 1 Finals appearance, 2 MVP Awards, Cavs Alltime leading scorer, Avg. 27.8 ppg, 7 apg, and 7 rpg through 7 seasons( 25 years old still has a good 10 seasons in him) 15,251 career points scored

Absolutely no comparison at all. Kobe = 5 NBA Championships / Lebron James = 0. And don't give me that argument that Lebron has no help around him. No one is saying that when the Cavaliers have one of the best "regular season" records year in, year out. It simply don't fly!

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Re: THE Timeless NBA Debate

Postby Starsbaseball5 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:59 pm

I won't give you that excuse. The Cavs have went almost bankrupt trying to satisfy LeBron. He wanted a true big man; they went out and brought in the " biggest man" in the NBA in Shaquille O'Neal. He wanted a ball handling point guard; so the Cavs GM brings in Mo Williamson, who is known for his great ball handling in the NBA. The list goes on and on!
The only excuse I will give is that I think Kobe's teamates are just a step ahead of LeBron's cronies. I would Take Dereck Fisher any day over Mo, and i would certainly pick Pau Gasol to win a game of 21 over any big man in the league!

As far as being a player in the NBA its hard to beat either 1, but i believe Kobe has the edge. If you go by the stats, i belive LeBron edges him out, but if there was a formula, Kobe's five rings would add up to beat him
Starsbaseball5
Freshman

Return to The Locker Room