Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

The Canadian Offer To Rethugs

Palmetto Football Talk’s Beyond Sports area is a place for you to talk politics, the weather, anything other than sports.

The Canadian Offer To Rethugs

Postby Penguin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 pm

The Canadian government announced today that they planned to open up to immigrants from the United States. All those who wish to leave the United States after the 2012 election will be able to find a new home in Canada, with all the benefits of Canadian Citizenship. There's only one requirement: All immigrants under this new plan must settle in Nunavut, a Canadian province with plenty of open spaces and very few people. Each immigrant will be given 40 acres of well-situated land, near open water, a used snowmobile, and a sled to pull behind it. With global climate change well underway, new immigrants should find improving winter weather in Nunavut soon. Below is a map of the area:

Tarheels Rule !

1924-1957-1982-1993-2005-2009

6 Time National Champions
Penguin
All-American

Re: The Canadian Offer To Rethugs

Postby *Topcat* » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:09 am

Penguin wrote:The Canadian government announced today that they planned to open up to immigrants from the United States. All those who wish to leave the United States after the 2012 election will be able to find a new home in Canada, with all the benefits of Canadian Citizenship. There's only one requirement: All immigrants under this new plan must settle in Nunavut, a Canadian province with plenty of open spaces and very few people. Each immigrant will be given 40 acres of well-situated land, near open water, a used snowmobile, and a sled to pull behind it. With global climate change well underway, new immigrants should find improving winter weather in Nunavut soon. Below is a map of the area:

At least there are no welfare penguins there!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby Penguin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 am

But....but......but.....but, they have.....wait for it.........here it comes........."Socialized Medicine"

Kerr
FREAKIN'
BAMM
Tarheels Rule !

1924-1957-1982-1993-2005-2009

6 Time National Champions
Penguin
All-American

Postby wavefan70s » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 am

Every reasonable person knows there had to be something done with healthcare.i think there has to be a better solution than obamacare as it is.i think it can a needs to be tweaked .carring kids till 26 pre existing is fine and good.punishing those with good healthcare "Cadillac plans" bad.as it stands I have the medium plan at work.200 deductible 85 %2000 max outa pocket.with eyecare dental.runs me around 400 a month with my employer picking up the rest.im happy with what I have.there are two or three plans above mine one below.one below isn't cost effective.10 op 2 k ded.
One above 90% 100 ded 1 k op.150 more a month.then there's the mother of all plans.you don't pay squat but its 7 or 800 a month.one of those i forget what you call it you go where they say deals.besides the bottom and the top i think it's reasonably priced.my wife in her field is payed a few dollars less a hour than average but the entire family is covered for 80 bucks a month.no vision or dental.
We are worked as most Americans that have decent coverage.what happens when the insurance companies start drawing blood for what are now have toos.i feel that obamacare is taking one problem and possibly creating two problems.
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby beaudiddley » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:21 am

Penguin wrote:But....but......but.....but, they have.....wait for it.........here it comes........."Socialized Medicine"

Kerr
FREAKIN'
BAMM

Absolutely true....Canada has free healthcare provided by the government......yet most Canadians that can afford it....come to the US for treatment.......anyone know why......
beaudiddley
Heisman

Postby pluffmud » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 am

One can carry a baby from conception to birth in a shorter period of time than the wait to have knee-replacement surgery in Canada.
pluffmud
Varsity

Postby beaudiddley » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 am

pluffmud wrote:One can carry a baby from conception to birth in a shorter period of time than the wait to have knee-replacement surgery in Canada.

We have a winner......you can also add heart surgery to that.....operations are taken on a first come first serve basis.....and not on how badly the operation is needed....
beaudiddley
Heisman

Postby 3-3 Stack » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:49 am

Penguin wrote:But....but......but.....but, they have.....wait for it.........here it comes........."Socialized Medicine"

Kerr
FREAKIN'
BAMM

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-204_162-681801.html
http://www.kamloopschamber.ca/files/doc ... rs%20now(4).pdf

There were only about 2,000,000 articles on Canada's health care crisis Penguin. PLEASE lob another softball for us to hit out of the park!!

By the way, if you like Canada so much, why don't you see if they would take you and all your income to help with their tax and medical crisis?
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby 3-3 Stack » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:37 am

Kerr
FREAKIN'
BAMM

What I find funny about your rant is the way Canada tax its citizens. The lowest wage earners are taxed at 15% and have no earned income tax credit after they make $10,000 per year, they pay 1,500 in taxes. Their tax base seems to be much larger than ours per capita. Go figure.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby Woodruff Star » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm

And we should broaden ours... Keep the current tax rates but add 2 more brackets.. One at 10% the other at 5%.

That way we tax all registered workers.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Woodruff Star
Heisman

Next

Return to Beyond Sports