Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Absit Invidle1, Google Adsense [Bot], osu-grad, Woodruff Star and 6 guests

38's and deer rifles

Palmetto Football Talk’s Beyond Sports area is a place for you to talk politics, the weather, anything other than sports.

38's and deer rifles

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:13 am

i have heard some rumors about a plan that is laying in the brush to do a gun swap in america.....with news about competition among mass killers for numbers of kills, i would not be surprised to see this go forward..........i don't know the specifics of it, but, here is what i do know........in general.........

there is a plan being developed where all assault type weapons would be banned.........i do not know all of the guns on that list but i do know that 9 mm handguns are on the list.........the chicago problem put the 9mm's on the list.........anyway, what is being proposed is this.........if you own a gun on that banned list, you bring it in and you are given a choice of guns that you can swap it for on a legal list........and all of these guns will be brand new and registered to the new owners.........anyway, you turn your gun in and whatever you want in place of it is sent to you as soon as it is made..........
from what i am hearing, the 357 is, i think , going to be the most powerful handgun on the list.........and there will be a selection of deer rifles to choose from........i don't know what will be the most powerful.......there may even be a value swap where you may get multiple guns for 1 gun if the value on your gun is high..........

now, there are numerous economic advantages to this...........first, gun manufacturing will go through the roof........this will create a zillion, shovel ready jobs.........also, the citizen doesn't lose anything because once on the banned list, his gun is worthless..........and he is getting full value in the swap........AND, the new guns he owns are financial assets to him because they can be legally sold for high value........remember, these new weapons will now be the most powerful, legal weapons in america......... and because of that, the most valuable.........

and from what i am hearing, if you are caught with a banned weapon, you are looking at an automatic 15 years in the penn........and you have to serve every day........in the end, everybody wins in this one.........and yea, there will be some criminals that will act with these assault weapons after the ban........but, when these guys start getting 15 years mandatory for robbing a convenience store of $100, they will want to change weapons..........even the gang bangers will........if you have one of these weapons in your possession, you are sitting on top of a 15 year prison sentence.....even if your house catches on fire and the fire department finds them.........while they are putting out the fire.........you are gone to jail for a long time..........honestly, how many of you would refuse to go swap and get new, legal weapons ???...........i would hope none of you would........15 years in the penn is a very long time........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Re: 38's and deer rifles

Postby 86Stang » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:51 am

More failry tales from Mother Goose.
"If you're one of the more than 250 million Americans who already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance."
Barack Obama on Thursday, June 28th, 2012 in a speech at the White House
86Stang
All-American

Postby cavaliereagle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:21 am

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:i have heard some rumors about a plan that is laying in the brush to do a gun swap in america.....with news about competition among mass killers for numbers of kills, i would not be surprised to see this go forward..........i don't know the specifics of it, but, here is what i do know........in general.........

there is a plan being developed where all assault type weapons would be banned.........i do not know all of the guns on that list but i do know that 9 mm handguns are on the list.........the chicago problem put the 9mm's on the list.........anyway, what is being proposed is this.........if you own a gun on that banned list, you bring it in and you are given a choice of guns that you can swap it for on a legal list........and all of these guns will be brand new and registered to the new owners.........anyway, you turn your gun in and whatever you want in place of it is sent to you as soon as it is made..........
from what i am hearing, the 357 is, i think , going to be the most powerful handgun on the list.........and there will be a selection of deer rifles to choose from........i don't know what will be the most powerful.......there may even be a value swap where you may get multiple guns for 1 gun if the value on your gun is high..........

now, there are numerous economic advantages to this...........first, gun manufacturing will go through the roof........this will create a zillion, shovel ready jobs.........also, the citizen doesn't lose anything because once on the banned list, his gun is worthless..........and he is getting full value in the swap........AND, the new guns he owns are financial assets to him because they can be legally sold for high value........remember, these new weapons will now be the most powerful, legal weapons in america......... and because of that, the most valuable.........

and from what i am hearing, if you are caught with a banned weapon, you are looking at an automatic 15 years in the penn........and you have to serve every day........in the end, everybody wins in this one.........and yea, there will be some criminals that will act with these assault weapons after the ban........but, when these guys start getting 15 years mandatory for robbing a convenience store of $100, they will want to change weapons..........even the gang bangers will........if you have one of these weapons in your possession, you are sitting on top of a 15 year prison sentence.....even if your house catches on fire and the fire department finds them.........while they are putting out the fire.........you are gone to jail for a long time..........honestly, how many of you would refuse to go swap and get new, legal weapons ???...........i would hope none of you would........15 years in the penn is a very long time........

How big is your vault Boo Boo?
CENTRAL EAGLES MAKE PLAYS...NOT EXCUSES
cavaliereagle
Heisman

Postby bringthewood » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 am

Where do I even begin with this one?
If you're offended by being called a honey dipper, then you're obviously a progressive elitist that has no connection to the common man.
bringthewood
Varsity

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 am

bringthewood wrote:Where do I even begin with this one?

i would start by taking this very seriously....i believe the background checks and magazine restrictions are money in the bank after the lanza report from last night..........the next step would be banning the weapons............
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby bringthewood » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:26 am

Oh, that would be taken very seriously; no doubt.

I was referring to the logistics of which you are referring.
If you're offended by being called a honey dipper, then you're obviously a progressive elitist that has no connection to the common man.
bringthewood
Varsity

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:48 am

bringthewood wrote:Oh, that would be taken very seriously; no doubt.

this is just a rumor that i have been hearing........but, it does make sense in alot of ways...........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby 86Stang » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 am

It will never happen. Our government doesn't have 2 nickels to rub together. Something like this would cost billions. We couldn't afford it if it ever passed.
"If you're one of the more than 250 million Americans who already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance."
Barack Obama on Thursday, June 28th, 2012 in a speech at the White House
86Stang
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 am

86Stang wrote:It will never happen. Our government doesn't have 2 nickels to rub together. Something like this would cost billions. We couldn't afford it if it ever passed.

i wouldn't bet the farm on that..........look at the costs now........it is very possible that this could be presented as a cost saving idea.........lots of angles to use here.....
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby bringthewood » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:23 am

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:
bringthewood wrote:Oh, that would be taken very seriously; no doubt.

this is just a rumor that i have been hearing........but, it does make sense in alot of ways...........

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA. Hold on a minute chief, YOU said:

"..if you want to lose this gun control battle, just write off obama and his staff as a bunch of dumb liberals..........doing that will guarantee defeat........."

"i can assure you that there will be an up or down vote on this now in congress...."

but now it JUST A RUMOR....
bringthewood
Varsity

Next

Return to Beyond Sports