4 dead California shooting spree=toughest gun laws

Palmetto Football Talk’s Beyond Sports area is a place for you to talk politics, the weather, anything other than sports.

4 dead California shooting spree=toughest gun laws

Postby 86Stang » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Another crazy shooting people. In California, where the gun laws are the toughest in the country.

Authorities say a shooting spree through Orange County, Calif., has left four people dead, including the shooter, and two others injured before the man stopped and shot himself to death in a stolen car, police said.

The shootings began early Tuesday morning when deputies responding to a call of a carjacking found a female shot multiple times in a house in Ladera Ranch, said Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. The city is in the southern part of the suburban county about 30 miles south of Los Angeles.

The shooter was said to be armed with two long guns.

The suspect, described as a man in his 20s, fled the scene in an SUV, according to the LA Times.

Three more people were fatally shot in the next 25 minutes after carjackings in Tustin and Santa Ana.

"There are multiple (crime) scenes throughout Tustin and the surrounding areas," said Tustin Police Lt. Paul Garaven.

Police say there were a total of six shooting scenes across the county.

The first call that came in was at Red Hill Avenue and Interstate 5. Police arrived and determined a carjacking had occurred and that victim was uninjured. An innocent bystander who was hit by gunfire was taken to a hospital, Garaven said.

The next call was at State Route 55 and McFadden Avenue. Another carjacking occurred and that victim died, Garaven said.

The last call was about a man with a gun, he said, at Edinger Avenue east of the 55. An officer arrived and found two more victims -- one dead and the other injured.

Authorities located the suspect in a stolen vehicle and followed him to the city of Orange, according to Garaven. When police stopped him, the suspect shot himself at an intersection. Police recovered a shotgun from the scene.

Garaven says the suspect succeeded in stealing a vehicle at each carjacking.

"There have been other people coming forward saying they were shot at or their cars were shot at," he said, but so far none had reported any serious injury.

The conditions of the wounded victims were unknown.

A spokeswoman for the California Highway Patrol said they didn't have any active crime scenes on the freeway but the southbound 55 McFadden Avenue off-ramp would be closed until further notice.

The motive for the shootings is still unclear and it's also unclear if the victims knew each other or the shooter.

"I do not believe any of the victims are related to each other. It might have been a random thing," he said. "We just don't know."
"If you're one of the more than 250 million Americans who already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance."
Barack Obama on Thursday, June 28th, 2012 in a speech at the White House
86Stang
All-American

Re: 4 dead California shooting spree=toughest gun laws

Postby beaudiddley » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:17 pm

My word.....didn't they just have a shooting spree last week by some nut job ex cop......those strict gun laws they have in that state must not be working so well....maybe they should try a ban on people next time....
beaudiddley
Heisman

Postby Absit Invidle1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:22 pm

beaudiddley wrote:My word.....didn't they just have a shooting spree last week by some nut job ex cop......those strict gun laws they have in that state must not be working so well....maybe they should try a ban on people next time....

And there were no legal gun carrying citizens to shoot back and stop the crazy guy.

"Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason."
Absit Invidle1
All-American

Postby beaudiddley » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Absit Invidle1 wrote:
beaudiddley wrote:My word.....didn't they just have a shooting spree last week by some nut job ex cop......those strict gun laws they have in that state must not be working so well....maybe they should try a ban on people next time....

And there were no legal gun carrying citizens to shoot back and stop the crazy guy.

No wonder he was picking them off so easy......and I suppose when no one shoots back......magazine size doesn't matter because you have plenty of time to reload......yes sir those California folks have it figured out almost as good as billy does.....
beaudiddley
Heisman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:48 pm

beaudiddley wrote:
Absit Invidle1 wrote:

No wonder he was picking them off so easy......and I suppose when no one shoots back......magazine size doesn't matter because you have plenty of time to reload......yes sir those California folks have it figured out almost as good as billy does.....

time to take up the assault weapons if gun laws don't work...........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby Absit Invidle1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:13 pm

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:
beaudiddley wrote:
Absit Invidle1 wrote:

Any thing can be an assault weapon.

"Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason."
Absit Invidle1
All-American

Postby Woodruff Star » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:24 pm

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:
beaudiddley wrote:
Absit Invidle1 wrote:

So that that gun law can not work as well?

I swear Billy, where do you get these lame brain ideas from?
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Woodruff Star
Heisman

Postby 86Stang » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:31 pm

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:
beaudiddley wrote:
Absit Invidle1 wrote:

Yeah I can see all of the criminals running to turn in there assault weapons now.

What a idiot !
"If you're one of the more than 250 million Americans who already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance."
Barack Obama on Thursday, June 28th, 2012 in a speech at the White House
86Stang
All-American

Return to Beyond Sports