New season for.....

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: New season for.....

Postby clovereaglefan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:22 pm

[quote=“hamp1234”]I love Friday night football no matter where it is being played. I don’t like going to watch games that you just know what the out come is going to be. I would love to see Clover get back in the swing but think they pasted over their chance by not interviewing and rehiring Turner when Smith stepped down. He had just gotten the program headed in the direction it needed to be. Correct me if I am wrong but Tuner is the only coach that has had a winning tenure at Clover over the past 35 to 36 years. That is saying a lot about the hiring process. Nor have not seen the athletes come through Clover that are able to run the spread at the level it has to be played at to compete in their conference level, not to mention them hiring pop warner coaches and golden boys as assistants. Those kids don’t need nice guys they need real football coaches. One of the biggest problems in Clover is they want a home town boy to become head coach and win state and it’s just not going to happen the way they hire. I here there is a new superintendent in Clover, maybe she will make the changes needed to get this program back. But will see games begin to start in a little over 24hrs from now. Unfortunately I have to work and can’t make it but will tune in on radio.[/quote]

Am I missing something here? Brian Lane isn’t a “home town boy” as you say and as far as I’ve able to see he is a “nice guy” up to a point but he isn’t afraid to chew some *** when needed because I’ve seen it in person. All of the players like him and that itself speaks volumes getting the team to buy in to the new offense and play their hearts out for him. We have some really good players this year and this is only Coach Lane’s 2nd season. I’m going to give the man a benefit of a doubt and see what happens before I start to pass judgement on the man. Give him a chance for pete’s sake. We didn’t get blown out every game last year and had some nice leads but couldn’t hang on. I will be happy with .500 ball this season if it means improvement every year.
Last edited by clovereaglefan on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't think you are....Know you are"
clovereaglefan
JV

Postby CITYSLICKER » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:58 pm

THE STAGS ARE LOADED AND WILL BE IN THE MIX, 31 SENIORS MEANS ITS A YEAR TO TAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP, AS JAMES SAYS I FEEL GOOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuDeBcpLITQ
617 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING-54 YEARS

http://WWW.BERKELEYSTAGSFOOTBALL.COM
CITYSLICKER
Heisman

Postby clovereaglefan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:15 pm

[quote=“CITYSLICKER”]THE STAGS ARE LOADED AND WILL BE IN THE MIX, 31 SENIORS MEANS ITS A YEAR TO TAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP, AS JAMES SAYS I FEEL GOOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuDeBcpLITQ[/quote

You gotta mean James “Git Down” Brown!! I hope the best for you and the Stags...fear dem deer
clovereaglefan
JV

Postby hamp1234 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:50 am

Wasn’t implying Lane was home town, I was trying to say the powers to be would love for a home town coach like Cook to make it which when Lane steps down in the next year or two, he will be the next Head Coach. Again the good ole boy plan is already in motion. Clover would be better off when these good ole boys move on down the road. But enough with this let’s enjoy the season, hope they improve, and cityslicker good luck with the stags by the rumors they look to have a promising season.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
JV

Postby clovereaglefan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:22 pm

[quote=“hamp1234”]Wasn’t implying Lane was home town, I was trying to say the powers to be would love for a home town coach like Cook to make it which when Lane steps down in the next year or two, he will be the next Head Coach. Again the good ole boy plan is already in motion. Clover would be better off when these good ole boys move on down the road. But enough with this let’s enjoy the season, hope they improve, and cityslicker good luck with the stags by the rumors they look to have a promising season.[/quote]

It WILL be time to pack it in if Cook ever gets the H/C job. That is one arrogant dude.
clovereaglefan
JV

Postby BlueEagle02 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:58 am

Glad to see they beat the cougars. Looks like they figured out the QB situation. Defense looks to be solid.
BlueEagle02
Freshman

Postby clovereaglefan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:56 am

[quote=“BlueEagle02”]Glad to see they beat the cougars. Looks like they figured out the QB situation. Defense looks to be solid.[/quote]

The defense saved our bacon a few times last night. If we can get the O line to tighten up we could be really good. Great way to start the season.
clovereaglefan
JV

Postby 5thqtr » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:11 pm

Congrats to Clover!
All I have heard about York was that they were loaded! For Clover to break the streak of consecutive victories by York over them on a "loaded" York team should mean good things for the Blue Eagles!
Time will tell and it's far too early to get a feel on how a team will perform yet: good or bad!
York to their credit had control of the game the majority of the way. Could be they just need to learn how to finish; IDK. Sounded like a heckuva game to have watched!

106th meeting and the longest running rivalry game in South Carolina. Shout out for that.
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby clovereaglefan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:50 pm

[quote=“5thqtr”]Congrats to Clover!
All I have heard about York was that they were loaded! For Clover to break the streak of consecutive victories by York over them on a “loaded” York team should mean good things for the Blue Eagles!
Time will tell and it’s far too early to get a feel on how a team will perform yet: good or bad!
York to their credit had control of the game the majority of the way. Could be they just need to learn how to finish; IDK. Sounded like a heckuva game to have watched!

106th meeting and the longest running rivalry game in South Carolina. Shout out for that.[/quote]

Yeah, I had read that York was loaded with a lot of college prospects and up and coming underclassmen too and was a little apprehensive entering this game. I guess it’s not how you start but how you finish. Real proud of my guys of the way they hung in there and finished. I’m thinking York thought they had a “W” before the game ever started.
clovereaglefan
JV

Postby BlueEagle02 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:29 pm

Yeah its hard to tell with the first game. Clover definitely needs to work on execution. 2 times in yorks red zone, including one time on the 1 and no points. Plus they fumbled inside their on 5, which York ended up scoring a TD. The game should have been won by a larger margin. They know who their QB is now so hopefully the O can continue to develope.
BlueEagle02
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A