Weather

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Weather

Postby GHS1kicker » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Calling for rain Friday. :x
Clear Thursday
Any chance games move up????????
GHS1kicker
Freshman

Re: Weather

Postby BYRNES#1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:52 am

I personally doubt it, but they may.
I just dont see them moving it to Thanksgiving day, we shall see. :D
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby wavefan70s » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 am

No these chicken shiznits gotta man up play in the rain .
Sat rain too.
Yall have legitimate chance of a few teams making it.we have one team that can that resides in columbia .everyone else down here is cannon fodder.
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby notabyrnesfan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:49 pm

dont think school activities can be held on holidays. maybe move the game start time up a few hours on friday. hopefully if the game is played in rain it will be moved to a neutral site. even byrnes fans will tell you the field is a pile of mud and i dont want any student athletes getting injured.
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby SackThe_Back » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:17 pm

[quote=“notabyrnesfan”]dont think school activities can be held on holidays. maybe move the game start time up a few hours on friday. hopefully if the game is played in rain it will be moved to a neutral site. even byrnes fans will tell you the field is a pile of mud and i dont want any student athletes getting injured.[/quote]
It would be nice to eat turkey and watch playoff football on the same day...
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Postby region2 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:43 am

Rain isn't supposed to come in until 9-10 Friday night. But have we collectively gotten so soft that we can't play in the elements? Almost seems folks start wanting to move games up on Tuesdays these days if the slightest hint of weather may be approaching. Like two weeks ago. And as it turned out, Friday night was actually better than Thursday when most of the games were played. It's football. It's playoff football. Man up and play as scheduled.
region2
All-American

Postby mikey » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:53 am

[quote=“notabyrnesfan”]dont think school activities can be held on holidays. maybe move the game start time up a few hours on friday. hopefully if the game is played in rain it will be moved to a neutral site. even byrnes fans will tell you the field is a pile of mud and i dont want any student athletes getting injured.[/quote]

Bump a neutral site...just give us neutral refs... :o :lol: :x
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

Postby thedoctor » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:41 pm

[quote=“region2”]Rain isn’t supposed to come in until 9-10 Friday night. But have we collectively gotten so soft that we can’t play in the elements? Almost seems folks start wanting to move games up on Tuesdays these days if the slightest hint of weather may be approaching. Like two weeks ago. And as it turned out, Friday night was actually better than Thursday when most of the games were played. It’s football. It’s playoff football. Man up and play as scheduled.[/quote]

Its all about the money. Good weather= 10-12 thousand people Friday/Saturday night. Rainy weather= 3-4 thousand people. When most your athletic budgets relies on football, moving the game is about the weather, its about the money plain and simple. You lose 7- 8 thousand people at 8 bucks a pop, that hurts and that not counting concessions.
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby OnionRings » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:57 pm

if the game is big enough, people will still come

most schools in s.c. never draw any fans and their athletic programs continue on. Have not heard of schools cancelling sports because they didn't make enough money during football season.

if a game was going to draw 10k, then bad weather might bump it to 6-7k, but not 3k
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby OnionRings » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:59 pm

to reiterate, look at Spartanburg H.S. They have very small crowds at their football games but their other sports lack for nothing including some of the best facilities, uniforms, buses (with the spinners:p)
OnionRings
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 5A