Dutch Fork and Mallard Creek

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Dutch Fork and Mallard Creek

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:49 pm

I am ready to see how Dutch Fork does against Northwestern in a couple weeks, to see if they can do the same as South Pointe did, this will be a good measuring stick to see how Dutch Fork and South Pointe would match up.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby Carolinasports » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:51 pm

. Hope MC didn’t get scared when they seen DF step on the field :lol:

Video below of MC being scared. It’s one thing to be a homer, but don’t be foolish.

https://twitter.com/Dolph_WNCP/status/1 ... 9063221248
Last edited by Carolinasports on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:10 pm

MAXPREPS, says that Dutch Fork defeated Mallard Creek at a score of 9 to 6 on both DF and MC sites. Maybe they played after everyone had left at 10:30 pm, at least till midnight anyway????????
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby Carolinasports » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:37 pm

[quote=“Wildstallion2”]MAXPREPS, says that Dutch Fork defeated Mallard Creek at a score of 9 to 6 on both DF and MC sites.[/quote]

They made the correction...
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:05 pm

Carolinasports wrote:[quote=“Wildstallion2”]MAXPREPS, says that Dutch Fork defeated Mallard Creek at a score of 9 to 6 on both DF and MC sites.

They made the correction...[/quote] When you go to Maxpreps for Mallard Creek click on their schedule, it still shows a loss to Dutch Fork 9 to 6.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby Carolinasports » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Yep! I saw that. Hopefully they'll make the corrections.
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby btango » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:41 am

[quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“btango”]C[/quote]

I do however disagree with Mallard Creek turning the game down for Monday. MC and Butler both have bye weeks on the same week and could have easily played each other then. Seems to me after the game was cancelled coach palmeiri didn’t care about playing at all! I understand rivalry games and giving kids rest but when you prepare the ENTIRE summer for a team and you don’t play the game it really sucks. Butler looked good but I wasn’t all that impressed. They looked like another typical overrated NC team!! SV is sort of a rivalry for DF as well being the only other Midlands team that actually gives us a challenge. Our players would have had to go through the same thing MC would have had to go through so that’s really not an excuse. Really disappointed in the Clt kickoff event and I hope Knotts declines DF from attending any further events.[/quote]

I am in 100% disagreement with you. MC would have had to travel to DF for the game. Butler game will be tougher in 2018 for MC than Spring Valley will be for DF. Think MC wins either way (close game) but a coach that is not looking out for his team’s health, performance, and success is doing a diservice to those he is obligated to.

I spent probably 30 minutes with Knotts after the decision but did not really talk about football. I will be down in a few weeks to do that. I spoke with Palmieri before the decision and after. If the Butler game can be changed to the following Friday he would be fine with going to DF any day next week. Win or lose he wants the game because he thinks they need this type of challenge (physical, skill, speed, coaching, et al) to be ready for a couple of regular season games, the playoffs, and hopefully a rematch with Wake Forest in the title game.

Why would Butler change? What does it do for them. They get MC playing their first game of the season then get an open date to play Richmond County. See my line above about the coach not looking out for his team.
Last edited by btango on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
btango
JV

Postby btango » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:44 am

[quote=“region2”]Another part of bad planning was also the start times. Apparently those planning the event wanted it to be an evening event as much as possible. But high school football games are rarely three hour contests these days because of a lot of scoring and incompletions with the number of passes in today’s game. The length of the previous game just in itself may have made the MC/DF game hard to complete. And just imagine the riot that would have followed if the game we’re close and they had blown the game dead with six minutes left in the 4th quarter at 11:59. The condemned garage problem might have been solved right there as both the garage and stadium itself we’re torn apart[/quote]

Needs to be a one game event or start the first game earlier and the promoter was not prepared for the parking issue nor the weather / reentry issue. Not only were they not prepared for the parking they did a terrible job of accessing the issue early and communicating with the fans.

One item that made me scratch my head was when they held MC and DF off the field and did the "awards" for the first game. Get the next two teams on the field ASAP due to the weather (did not realize the deadline issue yet). Take the first two teams off the field and bring the award winners to the end zone corner and present them. Great to get an individual award and a trophy for winning a regular season game but at the point it was time for sensible decision making.
btango
JV

Postby silverfox92 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:36 am

[quote=“Carolinasports”]. Hope MC didn’t get scared when they seen DF step on the field :lol:

Video of MC being scared. It’s one thing to be a homer, but don’t be foolish.

https://twitter.com/Dolph_WNCP/status/1 ... 9063221248[/quote]

It CLEARLY was a joke :roll:. But I’ve seen plenty of MC hype videos only to see them lose. Like Wake Forest last year, or SP in 2016 and Byrnes in 2015. I know Mc is plenty tough so it obviously was a joke :lol:.
silverfox92
JV

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:06 am

If the game would have been scheduled for a Friday night and cancelled for safety precautions, then it could have been made up the following Saturday or Saturday night.
    Dutch Fork can take out their frustrations on Spring Valley, Mallard Creek will battle Butler.
      Strange how two instate powers Dutch Fork & Dillon only have 9 regular season games scheduled.
      1 CAT FAN
      All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A