Dutch Fork and Mallard Creek

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Dutch Fork and Mallard Creek

Postby Carolinasports » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:13 am

[quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“Carolinasports”]. Hope MC didn’t get scared when they seen DF step on the field :lol:

Video of MC being scared. It’s one thing to be a homer, but don’t be foolish.

https://twitter.com/Dolph_WNCP/status/1 ... 9063221248[/quote]

It CLEARLY was a joke :roll:. But I’ve seen plenty of MC hype videos only to see them lose. Like Wake Forest last year, or SP in 2016 and Byrnes in 2015. I know Mc is plenty tough so it obviously was a joke :lol:.[/quote]

We all take our L's once in a while. Kind of like DF against Hillcrest. I hear you...
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby DHSCavsFan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:07 pm

1 CAT FAN wrote:If the game would have been scheduled for a Friday night and cancelled for safety precautions, then it could have been made up the following Saturday or Saturday night.
    Dutch Fork can take out their frustrations on Spring Valley, Mallard Creek will battle Butler.
      Strange how two instate powers Dutch Fork & Dillon only have 9 regular season games scheduled.

There is no benefit for any school to play Dutch Fork or Dillon, before schools would play powerhouses to get points for the playoffs. I think Dorman and Dutch Fork should start back playing each other in 2 years, from exit 28 to exit 97 on I-26 is not too far from each other. Amazes me that anyone from Dorman or Wade Hampton thought playing each other was a good idea. I think it puts Dorman at a disadvantage in weeks against Northwestern, plying starters 1.5 Qs and play nobody the next. While Northwestern will work out their bugs playing South Point and Byrnes.
      DHSCavsFan
      Varsity

Postby silverfox92 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:02 pm

[quote=“DHSCavsFan”][quote=“1 CAT FAN”]If the game would have been scheduled for a Friday night and cancelled for safety precautions, then it could have been made up the following Saturday or Saturday night.
        Dutch Fork can take out their frustrations on Spring Valley, Mallard Creek will battle Butler.
          Strange how two instate powers Dutch Fork & Dillon only have 9 regular season games scheduled.[/quote]

There is no benefit for any school to play Dutch Fork or Dillon, before schools would play powerhouses to get points for the playoffs. I think Dorman and Dutch Fork should start back playing each other in 2 years, from exit 28 to exit 97 on I-26 is not too far from each other. Amazes me that anyone from Dorman or Wade Hampton thought playing each other was a good idea. I think it puts Dorman at a disadvantage in weeks against Northwestern, plying starters 1.5 Qs and play nobody the next. While Northwestern will work out their bugs playing South Point and Byrnes.[/quote]

I think opening up with Dorman would have been bigger than Mallard Creek. That game would have drew crowds to see the 5A state championship replayed on Kickoff weekend! Oh well ... I hope we start scheduling you guys again.
          silverfox92
          JV

Postby btango » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:25 pm

[quote=“DHSCavsFan”][quote=“1 CAT FAN”]
          There is no benefit for any school to play Dutch Fork or Dillon, before schools would play powerhouses to get points for the playoffs. I think Dorman and Dutch Fork should start back playing each other in 2 years, from exit 28 to exit 97 on I-26 is not too far from each other. Amazes me that anyone from Dorman or Wade Hampton thought playing each other was a good idea. I think it puts Dorman at a disadvantage in weeks against Northwestern, plying starters 1.5 Qs and play nobody the next. While Northwestern will work out their bugs playing South Point and Byrnes.[/quote]

If two teams in the same classification are good enough they will play each other that season. I would prefer DF play the best 4A teams possible, Dillon, or an out of state team.
          btango
          JV

Previous

Return to Class 5A