What's going on with Greenwood Football????

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: What's going on with Greenwood Football????

Postby eagle93 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:25 pm

[quote=“96fanatic”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”]Well, congrats to the few years ya’ll beat Greenwood. Did ya’ll win a state title any of those years?[/quote]

1972 EASLEY beat GREENWOOD in the play-offs
and beat LOWER RICHLAND for the state title
i attended both games.[/quote]

Wow. That's been quite a while ago. Almost 50 years.
eagle93
All-American

Postby StateChampsGHS » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:52 pm

[quote=“wAvErIdA.net”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”]Calm down Waverida.net!!! lol

Ya’ll only won during that time because we had Mike Martin at head coach. He was the most terrible coach in the state those years. Half of our players didn’t even come out and play football because of him.[/quote]

No we won because we had better players and coaches. Like we do now. You always have some lame excuse when you lose and you’re the best ever when you win. yall of full of it and will take a beatdown at the hands of my green wave and probably everyone else in the region.[/quote]

Congratulations to the Greenwave!!! I hope you guys are back so the region can be competitive again. It will be nice to see the Greenwave win another state title. Good Luck to your team this year!!!
Greenwood High Eagles
StateChampsGHS
Varsity

Postby daCoacher » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Wow- Easley- really? The lunatics are running the asylum. Windam has lost all control. The QB quit. Players cussing coaches. Coaches cussing coaches. Yes- that sounds like a winning program! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

Postby Justin54 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:53 pm

Easley did make a run in 97/98 because I played for Hartsville when we went up there and whooped them in the lower state game the week before that we knocked byrnes out of the playoffs at kellytown that was a great time good football hard hitting defense run at you offense we didn't do that spread crap it was we gonna run and somebody gotta try and stop it man I loved the game bk then
Justin54
Freshman

Postby eagle93 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:47 pm

[quote=“Justin54”]Easley did make a run in 97/98 because I played for Hartsville when we went up there and whooped them in the lower state game the week before that we knocked byrnes out of the playoffs at kellytown that was a great time good football hard hitting defense run at you offense we didn’t do that spread crap it was we gonna run and somebody gotta try and stop it man I loved the game bk then[/quote]

I remember that timeframe. That was when we had Mike Martin along with the rare worst spells Greenwood had. He even removed the G’s from the helmet. He was fired promptly. That’s to take nothing from Easley. It was a good run. Someone I knew was on that team. T. Lee. He lived in Easley briefly. He didn’t like Martin. Lots of kids didn’t play for him. Awful. Was the worst coach in Greenwood history. Good thing it was just a brief stop.
eagle93
All-American

Previous

Return to Class 5A