Dutch Fork 56 River Bluff 14

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Dutch Fork 56 River Bluff 14

Postby silverfox92 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:44 pm

silverfox92
JV

Re: Dutch Fork 56 River Bluff 14

Postby Coach125 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:54 pm

Enjoy it while you can...the upperstate will step on top of you like you are nothing. :D
Coach125
JV

Postby silverfox92 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:12 am

[quote=“Coach125”]Enjoy it while you can...the upperstate will step on top of you like you are nothing. :D[/quote]

Exactly whom are you referring to?
silverfox92
JV

Postby Justin54 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:07 am

I'm interested in the response he has to be talking bout gaffney or dorman
Justin54
Freshman

Postby newcatntown » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:49 am

Um guys...Coach125 was being SARCASTIC!!!! I think? He better be... :lol: :lol: :lol: ( Note his happy face emoji ) ;)
Maybe this year is the year of the CAT...either Bobcat or Bearcat!!!!!!
newcatntown
All-American

Postby Scalped07 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 am

I really don't know how to gage the lower state teams. I mean 1-7 Fort Mill put 34 points on River Bluff. I know Dutch Fork is a great team, but would y'all have the same record in the upstate? I kind of feel like any top upstate team could do that against the DF schedule. Just saying. I think Dutch Fork is a upper state team playing in the lower state. Good Luck the rest of the season Silver Foxes!
27, 28, 29, 31, 34, 60, 61, 63, 64, 65, 85, 92, 97, 03, 05, 06, 2012 STATE CHAMPIONS! COUNT EM YOURSELF!
Scalped07
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:24 pm

[quote=“Scalped07”]I really don’t know how to gage the lower state teams. I mean 1-7 Fort Mill put 34 points on River Bluff. I know Dutch Fork is a great team, but would y’all have the same record in the upstate? I kind of feel like any top upstate team could do that against the DF schedule. Just saying. I think Dutch Fork is a upper state team playing in the lower state. Good Luck the rest of the season Silver Foxes![/quote]

If you want my honest opinion, I don’t think it would matter if we played in the upper state or not. If the Mallard Creek and Blythewood games would have happened our schedule would have looked much better. We dominated a BS team that’s in the mix right now to finish anywhere from 4th to 1st in the region. Same with Northwestern! Region 1 is very weak with TLH dominating teams, same with Region 3. Region 4 is our old region and so far we’ve dominated two of the best teams in that region. I think Fort D, Berkeley, and Summerville are better than what you all are giving them credit for. Those are the teams we must face to get back to the championship so that’s who DF will focus on. Not teams from The upstate.

But good luck to your Indians as well! And Great win last night!
silverfox92
JV

Postby Butcher » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:42 pm

[quote=“Scalped07”]I really don’t know how to gage the lower state teams. I mean 1-7 Fort Mill put 34 points on River Bluff. I know Dutch Fork is a great team, but would y’all have the same record in the upstate? I kind of feel like any top upstate team could do that against the DF schedule. Just saying. I think Dutch Fork is a upper state team playing in the lower state. Good Luck the rest of the season Silver Foxes![/quote]

River Bluff is not a real good team, but one that mamged to put together one of the easiest early season schedules that a 5A program could put together. That they were ranked only goes to show how little the voters pay attention to strength of schedule. You are rewarded for beating five cupcakes as to actually playing someone with a heartbeat. Extremely talented, and coached by the best there is in this part of the country.

And with your comments about DF. Yes, they would have the same record in the upstate. Some might not have been quite so lopsided, but they are easily a head above anyone else. And I’m not a DF fan. They are solid in every aspect
Butcher
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm

[quote=“Butcher”][quote=“Scalped07”]I really don’t know how to gage the lower state teams. I mean 1-7 Fort Mill put 34 points on River Bluff. I know Dutch Fork is a great team, but would y’all have the same record in the upstate? I kind of feel like any top upstate team could do that against the DF schedule. Just saying. I think Dutch Fork is a upper state team playing in the lower state. Good Luck the rest of the season Silver Foxes![/quote]

River Bluff is not a real good team, but one that mamged to put together one of the easiest early season schedules that a 5A program could put together. That they were ranked only goes to show how little the voters pay attention to strength of schedule. You are rewarded for beating five cupcakes as to actually playing someone with a heartbeat. Extremely talented, and coached by the best there is in this part of the country.

And with your comments about DF. Yes, they would have the same record in the upstate. Some might not have been quite so lopsided, but they are easily a head above anyone else. And I’m not a DF fan. They are solid in every aspect[/quote]

Our Defense doesn’t get the credit that our offense does but they are stout! Our first team has only allowed 7 points this year.
silverfox92
JV

Postby Carolinasports » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:52 pm

I would love to see that Mallard Creek vs Dutch Fork play around now. Although I believe DF would have won the game at the beginning of the season, because of the difference in dead periods between both states. Tommy Knotts had much more time to install his game plan. DF also had 3 good scrimmages before the 1st game,wherein MC had one with very few starters playing. Tall order to beat a well prepared TK's. With both teams clicking on all cylinder's now. I would have to go with Mallard Creek. They are one of the few teams this year that would out Athlete the Silver Foxes.
Carolinasports
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 5A