Clover's Hee Haw

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Clover's Hee Haw

Postby Terminator » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Region 3 only gets 3 playoff spots this year, so even if they beat RH and FM they still might not make it.
Terminator
Freshman

Postby PurpleandOrange » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:41 am

Terminator wrote:Region 3 only gets 3 playoff spots this year, so even if they beat RH and FM they still might not make it.

This is correct. Region 3 only gets 3 teams in the playoffs this year. Clover has to beat Rock Hill and Fort Mill along with some help to get into 3rd place. Lose either one of those games and NW is a lock as long as they find one more win between Nafo, FM, or RH.
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Postby FootballFan4343 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:15 am

[quote=“hamp1234”]Read what you wrote
by FootballFan4343 If Clover does not beat Rock Hill on Friday night, they have no chance of the playoffs. Even with a win over Fort Mill, the best they could finish would be 4th in the region (since they have already lost to Nation Ford and Northwestern). Region 3 only gets 4 teams in the playoffs. Clover could attempt for the Upper State “At-Large” berth, however that is highly unlikely since they played a majority out of state schedule and therefore their resume would lack the “big win” needed to get that “At-Large” berth.

You are wrong stating they have no chance but, I agree with you region 3 only gets 4 out of 5 teams in playoffs. Region 3 consists of #1 Nation Ford with 2 wins they in #2 Rock Hill with 1 win they in #3 Northwestern with 1 win they in #4 Clover has none and will lose this week giving Rock Hill 2 wins #5 Fort Mill has none and this is their bye week.
If Clover does not beat Rock Hill, which I do not foresee happening then the winner of the Clover vs Fort Mill game will be in no matter what their non-conference schedule was or record. Win or sit the playoffs out and Clover knows how that feels. Clover has had to either beat Rock Hill or Fort Mill to get in the past 2 years. They got in under Smith in 2016 got beat in the first round by Spartanburg. Fort Mill has improved some if Clover fumbles throw interceptions and have penalty problems and don’t execute s it could turn bad and they could be sitting it out again.[/quote]

No Hamp, YOU are wrong. Region 3 only gets 3 automatic berths. If Clover loses to Rock Hill, then even if they beat Fort Mill, they would need Fort Mill to blowout Northwestern AND Northwestern lose to both Rock Hill and Nation Ford. Clover then could possibly get in on a 3 way tiebreaker with Fort Mill and Northwestern, but again they would need Fort Mill to beat Northwestern to the tune of 48-14. Which I would say is extremely unlikely.
FootballFan4343
Varsity

Postby hamp1234 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:48 am

Stand corrected just pulled up the bracket. Well, I will say Clover is out then. Clover WILL NOT beat Rock Hill. There is no way Fort Mill will blow Northwestern out of the water, But do foresee Northwestern losing to Rock Hill & Nation Ford. So Clover and Fort Mill sitting at home AGAIN.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
Freshman

Postby Terminator » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Does anyone know what the Region 3 tie breakers are for a 3 way tie ? I think last year it was points allowed to the other 2
Terminator
Freshman

Postby PurpleandOrange » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Terminator wrote:Does anyone know what the Region 3 tie breakers are for a 3 way tie ? I think last year it was points allowed to the other 2

Something with points. Last year in a 3 way tie between NW, Nafo, and RH for 1st I know NW had the lead late but instead of killing the clock they scored again to get 1st place.
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Postby WRHIRadio » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 pm

[quote=“Terminator”]Does anyone know what the Region 3 tie breakers are for a 3 way tie ? I think last year it was points allowed to the other 2[/quote]

The tiebreaker is defensive points allowed in the games between the three teams. Once the winner of that tiebreaker is "seeded" and only 2 teams remain, then the head to head tiebreaker comes back into play.
WRHIRadio
JV

Postby hamp1234 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:55 am

Thank’s WRHI for that info and thank you for your broadcasting the games weekly and what you do for High School Sports. I personally enjoy your coaches reports weekly. I also enjoy giving old Gene hell when I can on his Friday Night’s Losers. I have him by 2 this season and hope to get a few more on him before its over.
Keep up the good work
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
Freshman

Previous

Return to Class 5A