Byrnes vs Dorman... Who is your pick?

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Byrnes vs Dorman... Who is your pick?

Postby mikey » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:35 pm

[quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“mikey”][quote=“Chief Whoa”][quote=“silverfox92”]I’ll take Dorman. I doubt the Cavs lose two weeks straight! Gutshall will get the creases ironed out and will have his team rolling into the playoffs.

For the Cavs fans, did Pinckney play last Friday? I think he will be a big key in this matchup.[/quote]

He played but WR #5 on the other side of Dorman’s formation had a way better game.[/quote]

Pinckney prolly didn’t want the ball thrown his way after that hit Caden put on him...brutal.. :shock:[/quote]

I saw that :shock:. That was one of the best hits I’ve seen all year and it was on Zach Hillstock not Pinckney.[/quote]

I stand corrected...u are right...my bad.. :oops:
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

Postby Dorman#1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:39 pm

My gut instinct tells me to go with Dorman... after the whole catch debate of Tyland Lindsay and Reggie Harris of Gaffney. Expect a pissed off Cavalier team looking to rebound after a Friday at the Reservation. Dorman is going to look to shed some blood at Cavalier stadium come Friday. I have Dorman by 7.
YOU'RE NEXT!!

2x State Champions: 2000, 2009
Dorman#1
Varsity

Postby BYRNES#1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:12 am

Byrnes won the game last week against Mauldin scoring 31 points with 3 mins left in the first half. From that point until the game was over Mauldin completely dominated Byrnes physically, as much as I hate to say it, that flat out just beat Byrnes up. No less than 4 Byrnes starters were injured and on crutches, arms in slings, or brought out of the game for concussion protocol. It was BAD!

If all those players miss this weeks game along with the ones that were already injured, then I have to say Dorman has a great chance to beat Byrnes.
If those players are able to play this week then I like Byrnes chances & expect them to win by 10.
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby thedoctor » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:55 am

[quote=“BYRNES#1”]Byrnes won the game last week against Mauldin scoring 31 points with 3 mins left in the first half. From that point until the game was over Mauldin completely dominated Byrnes physically, as much as I hate to say it, that flat out just beat Byrnes up. No less than 4 Byrnes starters were injured and on crutches, arms in slings, or brought out of the game for concussion protocol. It was BAD!

If all those players miss this weeks game along with the ones that were already injured, then I have to say Dorman has a great chance to beat Byrnes.
If those players are able to play this week then I like Byrnes chances & expect them to win by 10.[/quote]

Looks like we will everyone that we had last week with the exception of #9, but he is probably not out for the season. Offense should be at full strength this week, with all the WR back.
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby 1st&Goal » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:24 am

thedoctor wrote:[quote=“BYRNES#1”]Byrnes won the game last week against Mauldin scoring 31 points with 3 mins left in the first half. From that point until the game was over Mauldin completely dominated Byrnes physically, as much as I hate to say it, that flat out just beat Byrnes up. No less than 4 Byrnes starters were injured and on crutches, arms in slings, or brought out of the game for concussion protocol. It was BAD!

If those players are able to play this week then I like Byrnes chances & expect them to win by 10.

Looks like we will everyone that we had last week with the exception of #9, but he is probably not out for the season. Offense should be at full strength this week, with all the WR back.[/quote]

I truly hope you are right!! Is Byrnes D healthy? I had heard there were some injuries on that side of the ball as well. Byrnes has been a bit plagued with injuries this far. Always gives me concern. If Byrnes D is at full strength I feel Byrnes has a really good shot at limiting Dorman O.
If YOU cant walk it.....You prolly shouldnt TALK it!!!
1st&Goal
All-American

Postby thedoctor » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:59 am

[quote=“1st&Goal”][quote=“thedoctor”][quote=“BYRNES#1”]Byrnes won the game last week against Mauldin scoring 31 points with 3 mins left in the first half. From that point until the game was over Mauldin completely dominated Byrnes physically, as much as I hate to say it, that flat out just beat Byrnes up. No less than 4 Byrnes starters were injured and on crutches, arms in slings, or brought out of the game for concussion protocol. It was BAD!

If those players are able to play this week then I like Byrnes chances & expect them to win by 10.[/quote]

Looks like we will everyone that we had last week with the exception of #9, but he is probably not out for the season. Offense should be at full strength this week, with all the WR back.[/quote]

I truly hope you are right!! Is Byrnes D healthy? I had heard there were some injuries on that side of the ball as well. Byrnes has been a bit plagued with injuries this far. Always gives me concern. If Byrnes D is at full strength I feel Byrnes has a really good shot at limiting Dorman O.[/quote]

Byrnes D is still without a safety #2( hasnt played all year) and LB #9 will not play. Everyone else should be full go. Byrnes O should be full strength, not sure about one of the Rbs.

Also, not sure if #4 for Dorman will play or not.
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby Rbmn9529 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:10 am

I knew that Byrnes’ JV was thin, but I just heard the JV game was cancelled because they had to move too many JV up for the Varsity game. That is either a very thin JV or a very banged-up Varsity. Or both.
Big hitter, the Lama...

-Carl Spackler
Rbmn9529
Varsity

Postby thedoctor » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 am

[quote=“Rbmn9529”]I knew that Byrnes’ JV was thin, but I just heard the JV game was cancelled because they had to move too many JV up for the Varsity game. That is either a very thin JV or a very banged-up Varsity. Or both.[/quote]

Neither, that’s some bad info. The Jv game was gonna moves till the bye week at the end anyway with the storm coming. Also, Dorman wanted to move the varsity game to that week as well and Byrnes said No Thanks.
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby Rbmn9529 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:48 am

Nope, not bad intel, I have people on the inside too. Byrnes JV had much fewer players that came out, I think you might have the bad intel.
Big hitter, the Lama...

-Carl Spackler
Rbmn9529
Varsity

Postby thedoctor » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 am

[quote=“Rbmn9529”]Nope, not bad intel, I have people on the inside too. Byrnes JV had much fewer players that came out, I think you might have the bad intel.[/quote]

That’s strange, I heard my info from a Dorman person first, then confirmed with some Byrnes people. Byrnes had way more guys out earlier in the year and didn’t cancel any games.
thedoctor
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A