This ain't football, it's WAR! RH-NW

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

This ain't football, it's WAR! RH-NW

Postby OnionRings » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:28 pm

if you have to ask who coined this phrase you don't know your RH-NW history

there might not be 10 thousand there, and it won't be sold out by Wednesday, but it's still RH-NW for the region title (should be a decent crowd)

Will NW's improvement continue, or will RH's ground and pound be too much for the Men of Troy?

this thread is for predictions, analysis, or memories from the past RH-NW games

who you got and why?
OnionRings
Freshman

Re: This ain't football, it's WAR! RH-NW

Postby NuclearCav90 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:09 am

I remember in my high school days in the late 80s and then into the early 90s, RH-NW was one of the most anticipated matchups in the state. It was even dubbed the National Game of the Week one year and shown nationally on cable/satellite, one of the very first high school games to have that honor. These teams played some classics. This was all before South Pointe was created. Now it seems SP gets a lot of the talent in Rock Hill that would have been at RH and NW back in the 80s and 90s.

As for this year’s game, it should be a good one. The Trojans come in on a winning streak and seem to have Rock Hill’s number more often than not but the Bearcats are a step up in competiton from NW’s last few foes and are much improved from the past few seasons. I’ll take the Bearcats, but only by a touchdown or less.
NuclearCav90
JV

Postby OnionRings » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:27 pm

not one local reply? Lol this game used to be THE game, guess the times are changing
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby Trojan//magnum/xl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:32 pm

NW's OC will coach the Trojans right outta this game.... Three step drops and long developing routs will kill the Trojans. Quick passes and establishing the run with all three backs and the Trojans stay in it.... Stopping Gaither will be a huge task so we have to keep the chains moving.... All three backs bring something different so use all three
Trojan//magnum/xl
Freshman

Postby Trojanlatex » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:25 pm

In the end Trojans win. I know the Bearcat backers feel they should win, but hey we beat the same teams in region as they did. They did beat Indian Land also. Got by South Pointe also. They are hungry and need to get that Trojan off their back....in the end Trojans win. :shock:
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby Trojan//magnum/xl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:00 pm

I hope you're right my brutha the play calling scares me though
Trojan//magnum/xl
Freshman

Postby PurpleandOrange » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 am

The NW play calling has been suspect all year. Very plain with no imagination and very few adjustments through the game. I am happy they try to establish a run game as that was the missing piece of the puzzle a season ago. What I completely don't understand is rarely utilizing the middle of the field with the type of playmakers you have. Not having a short dump off option for the QB when you run your deep routes but more importantly why you don't drag a receiver across the field under those deep routes. Its like these coaches don't understand what their players do best and coach to them. They were determined to be a little more balanced than the air raid offense that was run last year but they got away from all the short routes that helped neutralize the linebackers. Don't even get me started on the penalty situation! We are averaging double digit penalties every game. Multiple personal fouls over pure stupidity every week. This NW team is small, in a down cycle at some positions, but can play at a higher level than they have all season if they would just become more disciplined.
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Postby PurpleandOrange » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:02 am

I hear rumor there will be a decision today on moving the game to Thursday night to avoid the weather on Friday.
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Postby Trojan//magnum/xl » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:04 am

PRRRRREACH!!!!! ABSOLUTELY CORRECT ON EVERYTHING U SAID!!!!
Trojan//magnum/xl
Freshman

Postby Trojan//magnum/xl » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:05 am

JUST HEARD THE GAME MAY BE MOVED TO THURSDAY
Trojan//magnum/xl
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 5A