Gaffney vs Byrnes

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Gaffney vs Byrnes

by Coach125 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Well byrnes barely got by Sumter so it looks like my Indians will travel back to the Landfill Duckin to take on the Rebels. I hate when they travel to that garbage of a place...we just can't win their for some reason. It might be the smell or the horrible field conditions but either way we have to find a way to pull it out from these BMW rich kids.
Coach125
JV

Re: Gaffney vs Byrnes

by thedoctor » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:23 pm

[quote=“Coach125”]Well byrnes barely got by Sumter so it looks like my Indians will travel back to the Landfill Duckin to take on the Rebels. I hate when they travel to that garbage of a place...we just can’t win their for some reason. It might be the smell or the horrible field conditions but either way we have to find a way to pull it out from these BMW rich kids.[/quote]

We will rename our field “Cherokee County”, because that whole county is a dump. You sound a little butt hurt that your Indians have only won three times in Duncan since 1999. No Gaffney fan should ever talk about anyone’s stadium that had something to do with the old stadium at the middle school in Gaffney.
thedoctor
Varsity

by Coach125 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 pm

:lol: Just to let you know son..that stadium wasn't at the Middle School. That was the Stadium of the original Reservation that i played in. The School was a High School. I remember playing Byrnes for a Homecoming game bc it was a sure thing. Gaffney Football has never been a Homecoming opponent like your Webels. You need to remember that.
Coach125
JV

by mikey » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Come on now Doctor...u know that now middle school field was one of the all time great venues for a HS football game...I miss it dearly...
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

by thedoctor » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 pm

[quote=“Coach125”]:lol: Just to let you know son..that stadium wasn’t at the Middle School. That was the Stadium of the original Reservation that i played in. The School was a High School. I remember playing Byrnes for a Homecoming game bc it was a sure thing. Gaffney Football has never been a Homecoming opponent like your Webels. You need to remember that.[/quote]

I know what it was and if the little old homecoming team from Duncan wins Friday, the overall series will be tied between us. Not bad for a homecoming team. We don’t live in the past in Duncan old man, you need to remember that.
thedoctor
Varsity

by thedoctor » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:37 pm

[quote=“mikey”]Come on now Doctor...u know that now middle school field was one of the all time great venues for a HS football game...I miss it dearly...[/quote]

It was man, never the kindest to Byrnes, but great piece of land. just had to give the coach some grief for hating on Nixon Field.
thedoctor
Varsity

by OnionRings » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:50 am

not only will it be a great battle, but it will be packed over there and might sell out
OnionRings
Freshman

by WarPaint74 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:56 am

This is the rematch Byrnes hoped would never happen.
They know it’s all but impossible to defeat Gaffney twice in one season.
They know the Indians have greatly improved more than has Byrnes since their early season game.
They know that Gaffney is always more dangerous on the road during the playoffs.
They know they will need to play a perfect game and hope Gaffney makes mistakes in order to have the slightest chance of winning.
No need to stress Rebels. Your fate was sealed the moment this pairing was announced.

Gaffney by 21

“B1, I am your father”
GAFFNEY INDIANS 17 time state champions
“Hoka hey, it’s a good day to die!”
WarPaint74
All-American

by thedoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:04 am

[quote=“WarPaint74”]This is the rematch Byrnes hoped would never happen.
They know it’s all but impossible to defeat Gaffney twice in one season.
They know the Indians have greatly improved more than has Byrnes since their early season game.
They know that Gaffney is always more dangerous on the road during the playoffs.
They know they will need to play a perfect game and hope Gaffney makes mistakes in order to have the slightest chance of winning.
No need to stress Rebels. Your fate was sealed the moment this pairing was announced.

Gaffney by 21

“B1, I am your father”[/quote]

Haha. Gaffney is the one making threads about not being able to win in Duncan and about our qb last week being hurt. Byrnes is living rent free in a lot of Indians’ heads
thedoctor
Varsity

Return to Class 5A