York football head coaching job is now open

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: York football head coaching job is now open

by btango » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:05 pm

NC has a 25 mile limit on charters. Student can live in any county but must live within 25 miles of the school to participate in athletics. How strictly that is enforced I do not know. One school I know of has students from eight counties. It is an elite academic school for college prep. Not bad athletics for 1A sports which are weak in most Olympics sports.
btango
JV

by OnionRings » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:58 pm

heard they can draw from anywhere for first year, and then only in York County, not sure how accurate that is
OnionRings
Freshman

by fan4awhile » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:52 pm

[quote=“OnionRings”]heard they can draw from anywhere for first year, and then only in York County, not sure how accurate that is[/quote]
1st year is correct....only in zone they are in after that....not whole county. Why BB and YPA is different now that they are in HSL
fan4awhile
Freshman

by hamp1234 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:43 am

That’s correct as long as they can get there they can enroll, and let me tell you they aren’t cutting any corners building it. This school is going to be show place.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
JV

by Beanie » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am

Would you be grandfathered in for the rest of your eligibility if you enroll in Year 1?
Beanie
Freshman

by FootballFan4343 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:55 am

[quote=“hamp1234”]That’s correct as long as they can get there they can enroll, and let me tell you they aren’t cutting any corners building it. This school is going to be show place.[/quote]
You are correct in that anyone can enroll, however that isn't the case to play sports. If they are a member of the SCHSL, which I assume they will be since they are a sister school to Oceanside and Gray, only students who live in their "zone" can play sports. Given that they are an academy geared around sports (just like Oceanside and Gray), most, if not all, of their students will play sports. Therefore, most, if not all, of their students will be from their "zone". Their "zone" will not be the whole county, instead, it will be an area similar to what the local high schools enjoy.
As for the school being a "show place". What is going to be different for this school than its sister schools (Gray and Oceanside)? Both Gray and Oceanside look like most elementary schools around here. Both of them play pretty much all of their sports at other locations. Maybe their future plans are big, but for now, it is nothing to get excited about. Gray and Oceanside have been open for 5 years I believe and still are playing games in rented stadiums and their schools are nothing exciting.
I am not saying that Legion can't be something great in the future, but the jury is still out on Gray and Oceanside.
FootballFan4343
Varsity

by hamp1234 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Back to the topic, I am going to help Clover out. York can hire Coach Jordan from Clover, which is a graduate of York for the job. He would be able to bring with him Clover’s want to be head coach (Coach Cook) the back stabber and also the kicking Coach Clyde the man Gibson. They fit good together and Clover could still beat them. :lol:
Last edited by hamp1234 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
JV

by Beanie » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Will John Moorefield get consideration in York? Would t be a very sexy hire, but would be a good one.
Beanie
Freshman

by polysci » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Wouldn't be surprised to see NW hire him if they can't get Floyd from Chester. BC in all reality only went to York to coach his son which was a big sacrifice on his part. The issue will be with who York hires. York needs someone who will bring a high level of discipline to its program to be successful. The powers that be in York need to understand that the good ole boy hire won't cut it. If they do that York will quickly sink to where it was before BC came. He had a hard time in the last couple of years keeping it from going there himself. York is a very difficult hire.
polysci
Freshman

Previous

Return to Class 5A