Gaffneys next coach should be

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Gaffneys next coach should be

by Catontherun » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Living in the upstate between Cherokee and Cleveland county I have seen a N.C. coach that has taken over Tom Knotts title in the state of NC as the best coach around. Lance Ware of Shelby is absolutely killing it. He won his 5th title in 6 years yesterday and taken an all time great program to another level since becoming HC. Hes only in his early to mid 40's and has a resume thats insane. If I was someone in the know at Gaffney I'd throw the bank at this guy living 20 minutes away. Dont know if hed leave his alma mater but he may be intrigued by a Gaffney showing interest.
Catontherun
Freshman

Re: Gaffneys next coach should be

by mikey » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:07 pm

I agree...problem is no good coach is gonna come to Gaffney unless he can bring his assistants and I don't see that happening..I was told Tommy Knotts wanted the job in 2011 and was told he couldn't bring his key staff members...the rest is history..if only our school board could understand what an economic boost to the whole community winning Gaffney football would be...not to mention student pride and morale...yes we had a good year this past season...but it was done on athletsism alone not coaching imo..
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

by Catontherun » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Yeah I see your point. I know this guy personally and he is in the Knotts, Gutshall stratosphere of coaching. He's also already used to coaching an historical program with tons of tradition. I know these guys build their time up in NC sometimes and make a jump to SC. It would be way to convenient to have his time built up and have a program like Gaffney right down the road to jump to.
Catontherun
Freshman

by racincowboy02 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:18 am

That would be an awesome hire for Gaffney but the thing that worries me now is that we got rid of 1 problem with the super resigning for DUI and now Im worried the school board will throw money at another big time super and that will end up costing us on the coaching end. I say go after the Shelby coach and throw the bank at him and let him bring in his own staff but i don't see it happening
racincowboy02
All-American

by 1CANNON » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:25 pm

I can't see any HC worth his salt that will accept OC Donnie Littlejohn.
Maybe OL coach but not as OC.

Donnie Littlejohns performance as a OC is a joke, & that's not just my opinion. :roll:
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

by racincowboy02 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:27 am

1Cannon you are absolutely right. I don't see us getting a good coach with some of the staff that is in place
racincowboy02
All-American

by region2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:45 pm

First off, I have seen this particular conversation during every off season in regards to Gaffney. Jones has supposedly been retiring for 5-6 years now. Then the next fall he is standing on the sidelines again.
region2
All-American

by OnionRings » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:04 pm

and it might be the only 11-2 team that wants a new coach:)
OnionRings
Freshman

by mikey » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:11 pm

[quote=“OnionRings”]and it might be the only 11-2 team that wants a new coach:)[/quote]

A new staff....get it right...go to a game u'll see why...hell just listen to one on the radio and u can hear why.... :oops:
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

by OnionRings » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:44 pm

I stand corrected Mikey. Guess we'll see how long the current regime hangs on
OnionRings
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 5A