[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Palmetto Football Talk | View topic - Can any team?

Can any team?

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Can any team?

by likeitRnot » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:26 am

Knock off DF next year?
Who & Why?
:( :( :( :D
likeitRnot
All-American

Re: Can any team?

by BYRNES#1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Yes, any team with disciplined athletes, because at the end of the day these are still kids playing this game. ;)
BYRNES#1
Heisman

by region2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Only on the flukiest of nights. Otherwise, Knott's is head and shoulders above anyone else in the coaching talents. And his program is churning out the talent at this point. Don't see anyone touching them until Knott's leaves.
region2
All-American

by Colbyc36 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:01 am

Eh, I don't know about that region2. Just last year, they only won by 1 measly point against Dorman in the big dance.
Colbyc36
All-American

by OnionRings » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:27 am

can it be done yes. will it be done, who knows. Dorman hung with them and could have won. Hanna was in the game when they lost 2 fumbles for touchdowns

you certainly cannot make mistakes and beat them, and if you don't have 2 very good corners don't even bother
OnionRings
Freshman

by wavefan70s » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:22 am

[quote=“region2”]Only on the flukiest of nights. Otherwise, Knott’s is head and shoulders above anyone else in the coaching talents. And his program is churning out the talent at this point. Don’t see anyone touching them until Knott’s leaves.[/quote]
Absolutely not this year but last season when they met dorman.5 TDs called back in semi and finals at lowes state.that doesn't happen at a neutral site. Neither dorman or Dutch fork was the best team that year.
I saw teams get absolutely shafted at dutch fork.that year.do I fault dutch fork no.but I do fault the referee's or lack there of .absolutely the most one way officiated game I have seen.since a ref got thrown out of a baseball game because his brother was on the mound and dad was a coach.i swear on my balls it was a complete home job. Absolutely shameful the refs should have lost there job.period.
Yes knotts runs a good program and is top notch.
Anyways yes they can be beat.but you gotta bring it.
wavefan70s
All-American

by PurpleandOrange » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:59 am

PurpleandOrange
Freshman

by silverfox92 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Don’t want to be too biased but seems like most teams will lose key starters and playmakers to graduation. TLH loses a lot along with Dorman from my understanding. Not sure about Gaffney. I spoke with some Byrnes fans and they expect to be even better next year than they were this year. I also heard the Rebels will tangle with Hough next year. That’s going to be a great game.

As far as the lower state goes I think it DF above everyone else. Ft D was young and had a lot of juniors so they should be the best in the low country. Carolina Forest returns a good bit so they should win that Grand Strand Pee Dee region. I heard Sville and Berkeley will lose ALOT so I’m not sure they’ll contend like this past year. I think the 2019 state championship will feature DF vs Byrnes for all the marbles.
silverfox92
JV

by region2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:41 pm

Some of you can search for those home team answers all you want. Or the timeless gift of blaming the refs. Can they be beat? Of course. Any time you see it up a set of circumstances stances could unfold where that happens. But don't see anyone touching them anytime soon. Especially not next year as Knott's has a ton of his offensive weapons back. And cannot discount the Knott's factor. May not like him, but DF is far and away the best coached team in the state.
region2
All-American

by wavefan70s » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:26 pm

[quote=“silverfox92”]Don’t want to be too biased but seems like most teams will lose key starters and playmakers to graduation. TLH loses a lot along with Dorman from my understanding. Not sure about Gaffney. I spoke with some Byrnes fans and they expect to be even better next year than they were this year. I also heard the Rebels will tangle with Hough next year. That’s going to be a great game.

As far as the lower state goes I think it DF above everyone else. Ft D was young and had a lot of juniors so they should be the best in the low country. Carolina Forest returns a good bit so they should win that Grand Strand Pee Dee region. I heard Sville and Berkeley will lose ALOT so I’m not sure they’ll contend like this past year. I think the 2019 state championship will feature DF vs Byrnes for all the marbles.[/quote]
The ville loses a lot.well you saw the coaching or lack there of.could they have beat dutch fork this year no.but as you probably saw there were some very questionable decisions on the wave sideline. They should have scored 14 or 17 more points.im sure df could have hung 70 though.
A gap NADA let's do it 3 more times smh.i still say until they wise up over there hire outside instead of nepotism they will go no where.i just do not see turning down the caliber of coaches that wanted that job.theres no justification other than politics. The town will back that team to death with the right staff.they lost half of thier fans with that move
AMD why in jesus name do teams not have a player over the top to stop the homerun play on df.i mean you'd beat me.but damn your at least have to touch the bases.
Fort was young .lose some players return a lot.could be pretty good.gotta focus and execution. Could be top 5.
On a side note I saw mckissic at the df game poor guy looks rough.hope he can turn it around a bit.
wavefan70s
All-American

Next

Return to Class 5A