Greenwood has now become a shell of their former tradition

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Greenwood has now become a shell of their former tradition

by Manigo*ERA » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:01 pm

I'm kind of shocked that no changes have been made. If losing to Westside, Easley, being held to negative yardage against Gaffney wasn't embarrassing enough.....surely the 52 nothing 1st round loss to Dorman should have caused the administration to find a better fit for Greenwood at head coach but I guess not. There was zero fight in Greenwood against Dorman. Zero fight. I'm very disappointed at the people in charge that are allowing this mess to continue. Pippin had arguably the best qb rb wr combo in Greenwood history and couldn't even win region. This guy couldn't win region with the Dutch Fork Team.
Introducing the 99,00,06,and 2012 Class 4A Division II State Champions ..........Ladies and Gentlemen ......THE GREENWOOD EAGLES !
Manigo*ERA
Freshman

Re: Greenwood has now become a shell of their former traditi

by JaySmoove » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:23 pm

[quote=“Manigo*ERA”]I’m kind of shocked that no changes have been made. If losing to Westside, Easley, being held to negative yardage against Gaffney wasn’t embarrassing enough.....surely the 52 nothing 1st round loss to Dorman should have caused the administration to find a better fit for Greenwood at head coach but I guess not. There was zero fight in Greenwood against Dorman. Zero fight. I’m very disappointed at the people in charge that are allowing this mess to continue. Pippin had arguably the best qb rb wr combo in Greenwood history and couldn’t even win region. This guy couldn’t win region with the Dutch Fork Team.[/quote]

I know man. We’ve been through this before in the mid 90s before Shell Dula came to resurrect the program. Every team goes through it at some point. Looks like it’s our turn again unfortunately. We won’t win big games until we get another coach that takes winning seriously enough to have everyone in the community all in. Kids transferring. It used to mean something to play for Greenwood. Pippin just doesn’t take winning seriously and makes excuses all the time. And when the man in charge makes excuses guess what...... the assistants start making them.... then the players start making them...... And we’re seeing the results.
2006 Class 4A D2 Champs
JaySmoove
Freshman

by GwoodEagle2k1 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:34 pm

I hate to admit it but I agree for the most part. I think coach Pippin is cool but he's had 5 years. No region titles. The losses to Easley are unacceptable. I'll give you one year to lose to teams we shouldn't lose to but he's making it a habbit. I think Pippin is definitely on thin ice if nothing else.
The BLACK and GOLD is BACK !!! 2012 CLASS 4A DIVISION 2 STATE CHAMPIONS
GwoodEagle2k1
All-American

by Manigo*ERA » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 pm

[quote=“GwoodEagle2k1”]I hate to admit it but I agree for the most part. I think coach Pippin is cool but he’s had 5 years. No region titles. The losses to Easley are unacceptable. I’ll give you one year to lose to teams we shouldn’t lose to but he’s making it a habbit. I think Pippin is definitely on thin ice if nothing else.[/quote]

Damn the thin ice. No excuse. NO EXCUSE for this bs. Why do you keep defending him? You should know what the Greenwood tradition is. He should have been gone 3 years ago.
Introducing the 99,00,06,and 2012 Class 4A Division II State Champions ..........Ladies and Gentlemen ......THE GREENWOOD EAGLES !
Manigo*ERA
Freshman

by GwoodEagle2k1 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:41 pm

[quote=“Manigo*ERA”][quote=“GwoodEagle2k1”]I hate to admit it but I agree for the most part. I think coach Pippin is cool but he’s had 5 years. No region titles. The losses to Easley are unacceptable. I’ll give you one year to lose to teams we shouldn’t lose to but he’s making it a habbit. I think Pippin is definitely on thin ice if nothing else.[/quote]

Damn the thin ice. No excuse. NO EXCUSE for this bs. Why do you keep defending him? You should know what the Greenwood tradition is. He should have been gone 3 years ago.[/quote]

READ what I wrote. I'm not defending anyone. I just said I agree with most of what's being said :roll:
GwoodEagle2k1
All-American

by JaySmoove » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:55 pm

[quote=“Manigo*ERA”][quote=“GwoodEagle2k1”]I hate to admit it but I agree for the most part. I think coach Pippin is cool but he’s had 5 years. No region titles. The losses to Easley are unacceptable. I’ll give you one year to lose to teams we shouldn’t lose to but he’s making it a habbit. I think Pippin is definitely on thin ice if nothing else.[/quote]

Damn the thin ice. No excuse. NO EXCUSE for this bs. Why do you keep defending him? You should know what the Greenwood tradition is. He should have been gone 3 years ago.[/quote]

Trust me 2k1 knows what the tradition is. He just wants Dan Pippin to do well. Nothing wrong with that. He just finally realized it ain't gone happen at Greenwood. 2k1 likes the spread :lol: I tried to tell you the spread don't work at Greenwood 2k1 :lol:
2006 Class 4A D2 Champs
JaySmoove
Freshman

by Manigo*ERA » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:01 pm

[quote=“JaySmoove”][quote=“Manigo*ERA”][quote=“GwoodEagle2k1”]I hate to admit it but I agree for the most part. I think coach Pippin is cool but he’s had 5 years. No region titles. The losses to Easley are unacceptable. I’ll give you one year to lose to teams we shouldn’t lose to but he’s making it a habbit. I think Pippin is definitely on thin ice if nothing else.[/quote]

Trust me 2k1 knows what the tradition is. He just wants Dan Pippin to do well. Nothing wrong with that. He just finally realized it ain’t gone happen at Greenwood. 2k1 likes the spread :lol: I tried to tell you the spread don’t work at Greenwood 2k1 :lol:[/quote]

My bad then 2k1. You got to excuse me. I get easily triggered when Dan Pippin is mentioned...
Manigo*ERA
Freshman

by GwoodEagle2k1 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:03 pm

[quote=“Manigo*ERA”][quote=“JaySmoove”][quote=“Manigo*ERA”][quote=“GwoodEagle2k1”]I hate to admit it but I agree for the most part. I think coach Pippin is cool but he’s had 5 years. No region titles. The losses to Easley are unacceptable. I’ll give you one year to lose to teams we shouldn’t lose to but he’s making it a habbit. I think Pippin is definitely on thin ice if nothing else.[/quote]

Trust me 2k1 knows what the tradition is. He just wants Dan Pippin to do well. Nothing wrong with that. He just finally realized it ain’t gone happen at Greenwood. 2k1 likes the spread :lol: I tried to tell you the spread don’t work at Greenwood 2k1 :lol:[/quote]

My bad then 2k1. You got to excuse me. I get easily triggered when Dan Pippin is mentioned...[/quote]

It's all good man. We all want to see Greenwood win. No excuses. That's how it should be.
GwoodEagle2k1
All-American

by wAvErIdA.net » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:12 pm

I was having a bad day. Thank you for making it better :lol: 24-21 losers! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: Yall wanna fire your coach but he ain't the problem. yall just suck :lol: accept it and move on.
wAvErIdA.net
Freshman

by Manigo*ERA » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:16 pm

[quote=“wAvErIdA.net”]I was having a bad day. Thank you for making it better :lol: 24-21 losers! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: Yall wanna fire your coach but he ain’t the problem. yall just suck :lol: accept it and move on.[/quote]

And when was the last time Easley won state or region? Thought so scrub. Enjoy your 2 wins over greenwood in 20 years because as soon as we get a coach worth a damn it will be business as usual against yall. 30 to 40 point wins.
Manigo*ERA
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 5A