[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Palmetto Football Talk | View topic - Tiger Paws all over Alabama's backside

Tiger Paws all over Alabama's backside

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Tiger Paws all over Alabama's backside

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Dillon Wildcats 08′ 09′ 12′ 13′ 14′ 15′ 17′ State Champions
1 CAT FAN
All-American

Re: Tiger Paws all over Alabama's backside

Postby BYRNES#1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:53 am

SPANK SPANK!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby cutiger1900 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:15 pm

Guess the Shamecocks do not get to add another trophy to “their trophy Case” either lOL

Good old fashioned BUTT WHIPPING

Honestly I NEVER saw that coming but it was sweeeeeet

Could be same 2 teams next year
cutiger1900
Freshman

Postby BYRNES#1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:32 pm

Thought Clemson would win, but by 10 points at the most. Never saw that 28 pt beat down coming for sure.

That game proved to me that I was right about the Clemson/Carolina game.

The Tiger D was toying with them like a cat does a mouse before they kill it.
I knew they were better than what they showed in that game. ;)
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby racincowboy02 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:53 am

I don't think that the Tiger D was toying with Carolina to be honest I think they played a more zone D to keep the short yardage stuff in front of them and our OC or Bentley recongnized it and started throwing it down the field. I think that Venerables was also trying to blitz and use the front 7 to get to Bentley and luckily our offensive line did their jobs and gave him time to throw for the most part.
racincowboy02
All-American

Postby BYRNES#1 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:29 am

[quote=“racincowboy02”]I don’t think that the Tiger D was toying with Carolina to be honest I think they played a more zone D to keep the short yardage stuff in front of them and our OC or Bentley recongnized it and started throwing it down the field. I think that Venerables was also trying to blitz and use the front 7 to get to Bentley and luckily our offensive line did their jobs and gave him time to throw for the most part.[/quote]

I wouldnt expect a Carolina fan to feel any other way my friend but the beat downs of ND & Alabama suggest our guys taking Carolina lightly. The game was never in doubt & the D knew they could play soft & take chances, to Carolinas credit they made us pay when we did. I just dont think Clemsons comes into that game with that defensive scheme if they felt Carolina was an actual threat.
That is the only thing that explains how a team with lesser talent at basically every position could have more success against that Tiger D than the "Greatest Alabama team of all time" from the "Greatest conference of all time". ;) :D :lol:
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby racincowboy02 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:30 am

OK i see what you are saying and yea i will agree that maybe Clemson took Carolina lightly or maybe they were playing some guys that usually don't start to give them some experience seeing as how Carolina is not that good \

Do you think that over the course of the time between the Carolina game, ACC championship, semifinal, and then the national championship game that maybe just maybe Clemson watched enough film on Alabama that they knew the tendencies of Saban and the Alabama offense and anticipated what they were going to do and basically shut Alabama down.

Come on man sure you are smart enough to know that Clemson was the best team in the nation this past football season (i just puked in my mouth for even typing that) Lets face it Clemson is on an upward swing and they have the coaches that have changed the culture and are recruiting the players that will carry on the culture.
racincowboy02
All-American

Postby BYRNES#1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:48 am

I agree 100% that Clemson had done their home work & was ready for Bama, but do you really believe that Carolinas offensive scheme was so superior to Bamas that Clemson couldnt defend it as well as they defended Bamas?

Clemson has shown tendencies in the past to look past lesser foes & it has cost them, Syracuse & Pitt come to mind right off the top of my head. Carolina is middle of the pack at best in the SEC & Clemson beat the brakes off the "greatest team ever assembled" from the SEC.

IMO Carolina is very lucky the team that showed up to play Bama, didnt show up to play them. Think about it.... That was the best offensive performance EVER by a Carolina team against Clemson & they still lost by 3 TD's. :shock: ;) :lol:
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby racincowboy02 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:25 am

No No No thats not what Im saying at all. I know for a fact that Clemson shouldve beaten us by 70 and couldve theres not doubt about it. But I also believe that Venerables and the D didn't think that we could hit anything deep on them but i agree wholeheartedly with everything you have said.
racincowboy02
All-American

Postby cutiger1900 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:21 am

Basically the Tigers are BORED with U5C , knew that game was in the bag before they came down the hill

U5C folks are TRYING to make themselves feel good at this point, BOY it must SUCK BIG TIME right now to be a U5C fan
cutiger1900
Freshman

Return to Class 5A