heads should roll at gaffney high part 2!

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

heads should roll at gaffney high part 2!

Postby notabyrnesfan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:09 pm

i thought two years ago at boiling springs was bad! fire all of the coaches! what was jones excuse tonight?
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Re: heads should roll at gaffney high part 2!

Postby tomahawk97 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:22 pm

This needed to be brought back up. I was looking for part one but its under the 4A forum. From people that is very close to the school board and the program Jones will leave on his own terms he will not be forced out and there is a strong Possilblity that Donnie Littlejohn is the top choice to replace him. We dont need or deserve to make the playoffs this year to send a strong message that the program is not progressing. Three straight 1st round playoff exits and missing the playoffs all together this year will be what needs be rubbed in the superintendent and the school boards face.
tomahawk97
JV

Postby notabyrnesfan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:48 pm

i heard from a source close to the situation that if gaffney doesnt win two playoff games this season then major changes will be made.
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby Victory6 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:51 am

:roll: Well this didn't take long!! :shock:
**ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
Victory6
All-American

Postby amlash66 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:55 am

I can count on one hand how many games I've missed in twenty five years but last night was my last one until this entire coaching staff is gone. It is the textbook case of good ole boy politics. Had enough.
amlash66
Freshman

Postby cow bell fan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:50 am

They said last year we have no talent. Well we do this year these coaches are going to DESTROY the GAFFNEY FOOTBALL as we know it. Dan and Donnie Ray are the reason. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
cow bell fan
Freshman

Postby tomahawk97 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Dan Jones should and need to announce his resignation tonite. The Gaffney football program is not going to go anywhere as long as he hang around and be the head coach regardless of how good the talent is that we got coming up. We need a new head coach that will first of all Get rid of Bryce Smiley and Randy Birch as the Defensive Coordinators. Even thou the offense played well enough for us to win tonite Donnie Littlejohn needs to be let go from his position of OC as well.
tomahawk97
JV

Postby notabyrnesfan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:06 am

well after northwestern destroys gaffney in two weeks that will be four first round playoff losses in a row. im sure jones will say well they are the number one team in the state for a reason and we just didnt get any breaks but sometimes you have to make your own breaks. regardless if that was pass interference or not you have to keep playing through adversity and we let the vikings score on the next play. they should have gone for it on fourth and inches tonight with nothing to lose but punt instead and it turns into a return td for spartanburg. unless changes are made this is the new gaffney high football. i thought we may win state every ten years or so on talent but that will never happen with these coaches. the kids play hard and leave it all on the line but its impossible to overcome terrible coaching. now we got a coach that never should have been given the job in the first place who refuses to leave. coach huff is probably near retirement so the ad job could be open soon also.
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby jalan488 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:44 am

Glad to see this thread on here again.

With kick coverage being so bad why in the heck did they punt on 4th and inches?
17 TIME STATE CHAMPIONS
jalan488
JV

Postby SeminoleIndian17 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:17 am

I had an uncle that played at Gaffney and he was a head coach football most of his life and many times they tried to get him to come to Gaffney and coach and he told them there wasn't enough money and get it for him to coach her,, they were too much politics in coaching at Gaffney too much Good Ol Boy system and it's still here and until we do something about electing all new officials on the school board it will still be here
SeminoleIndian17
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 5A