heads should roll at gaffney high part 2!

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: heads should roll at gaffney high part 2!

Postby Colbyc36 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Lol, dacoacher IS Earley....or his fluffer.
Colbyc36
Varsity

Postby DeCavelier » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Haha. As a Cavavlier I can only half-heartedly endorse a coaching change in Gaffney. Hope my Indian friends understand!

Btw, I enjoyed watching the 2nd half of the Shrine bowl with Cannon’s brother Tommy!

Prayers and thoughts to Jeff and his wife who have had some medical challenges this year!
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby tomahawk97 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:47 am

Dan is trying to wait as long as he can to announce his decision which is already made so this job can stay in house between Donnie or Bryce smiley...Dan was left in great shape by Strickland so he wants to leave the job in great shape for them...he doesn't want a new coach to come in and win right away and make him and his coaching staff look foolish...if he waits until May or June to step down the school board would not have a chance to go out and find anybody from the outside to take the position cause any reasonable candidate will already be signed to there school and he is fully aware of this and it's 50/50 on who in the school board that is and not supporting this move
tomahawk97
JV

Postby notabyrnesfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:47 pm

is the superintendent for or against this move? i heard she was going to be asked dans status at the school board meeting on january 8 but by a member that is well known to lean heavily toward academics and doesnt care about sports. dans best friend (and their wives are best friends) is in the facebook group indian nation saying that dan is staying and another guy close to the program told me dan didnt sound like a guy that sounded like he was planning on retiring when just making small talk with him recently. answer your pm or pm me on here and i will let you know who the sources are but i wont post them publicly!

[quote=“tomahawk97”]Dan is trying to wait as long as he can to announce his decision which is already made so this job can stay in house between Donnie or Bryce smiley...Dan was left in great shape by Strickland so he wants to leave the job in great shape for them...he doesn’t want a new coach to come in and win right away and make him and his coaching staff look foolish...if he waits until May or June to step down the school board would not have a chance to go out and find anybody from the outside to take the position cause any reasonable candidate will already be signed to there school and he is fully aware of this and it’s 50/50 on who in the school board that is and not supporting this move[/quote]
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby Colbyc36 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:51 pm

So, NABF....what is your stance? Do you support Dan?
Colbyc36
Varsity

Postby notabyrnesfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:59 pm

not trying to totally dance around your question. i think gaffney needs new leadership but at the same time if it came down to coach jones vs. anyone of the other staff members promoted to head coach then id be fine (not thrilled by any means) with just keeping coach jones.

[quote=“Colbyc36”]So, NABF....what is your stance? Do you support Dan?[/quote]
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby Colbyc36 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Well spoken.
Colbyc36
Varsity

Postby mikey » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 pm

[quote=“notabyrnesfan”]not trying to totally dance around your question. i think gaffney needs new leadership but at the same time if it came down to coach jones vs. anyone of the other staff members promoted to head coach then id be fine (not thrilled by any means) with just keeping coach jones.

[quote=“Colbyc36”]So, NABF....what is your stance? Do you support Dan?[/quote][/quote]

Have to agree with NABF
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

Postby 1CANNON » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 pm

[quote=“mikey”][quote=“notabyrnesfan”]not trying to totally dance around your question. i think gaffney needs new leadership but at the same time if it came down to coach jones vs. anyone of the other staff members promoted to head coach then id be fine (not thrilled by any means) with just keeping coach jones.

[quote=“Colbyc36”]So, NABF....what is your stance? Do you support Dan?[/quote][/quote]

Have to agree with NABF[/quote]

As a sad ole low country Klown used to say......
EyE cOnKuR
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Postby Coach125 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:27 am

Dear Baby Jesus don't let it be Donnie Ray. I remember when i played Joe wouldn't let him hang around at all. He knew that guy just didn't have it. He needs to make some kind of Fantasy Football Madden group. Northwestern, Dorman or Byrnes looking for a OC? We got just the guy. I will take Dan..less one OC for 2018 if need be.
Coach125
JV

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A