Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

Postby Wolverine Legend » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:16 am

You don't know what a huge mistake you made in running Coach Lane off. He's a great man and a great coach. Does he make mistakes? Sure. But you guys were extremely young this year and will be absolutely loaded next year. It's a shame he won't have the chance to lead those guys. Byrnes fans were so gung ho to hire Lane in 2014 and it's awful to see how quickly you turned on him. All I can say is, you reap what you sow. I wish Byrnes the best but I fear this was a misstep for your program.

Good luck, Coach Lane! I'll always have your back!
Welcome to Woodruff, the original title town. Pardon us for the beatdown you are about to receive. We hope you enjoy your visit, and please come again soon!
Wolverine Legend
All-American

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

Postby rebelyell88 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:43 am

I was glad he got hired but after seeing things the last two years that I saw I knew we made a mistake great coach even better human being but he was simply over his head and I'm not sure even if we made the playoffs this year he would have kept his job it was the way the program was being run then throw in some of his decisions and antics.he was giving the option to return but without his family and friends and he chose not to.he was way over his head way over!
rebelyell88
Varsity

Postby thedoctor » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:47 am

Wolverine Legend wrote:You don't know what a huge mistake you made in running Coach Lane off. He's a great man and a great coach. Does he make mistakes? Sure. But you guys were extremely young this year and will be absolutely loaded next year. It's a shame he won't have the chance to lead those guys. Byrnes fans were so gung ho to hire Lane in 2014 and it's awful to see how quickly you turned on him. All I can say is, you reap what you sow. I wish Byrnes the best but I fear this was a misstep for your program.

Lane's unwillingness to adapt and change cost him the job. He was promised another year with some changes to the staff and he refuse to do that. On the outside looking in, it looks like Brian got a bad deal. However, the 3-7 record had very little to do with this change.

He will land somewhere very soon, JL Mann is one that comes to mind quickly.
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby ByrnesFBlegend09 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:53 am

thedoctor wrote:
Wolverine Legend wrote:You don't know what a huge mistake you made in running Coach Lane off. He's a great man and a great coach. Does he make mistakes? Sure. But you guys were extremely young this year and will be absolutely loaded next year. It's a shame he won't have the chance to lead those guys. Byrnes fans were so gung ho to hire Lane in 2014 and it's awful to see how quickly you turned on him. All I can say is, you reap what you sow. I wish Byrnes the best but I fear this was a misstep for your program.

Lane's unwillingness to adapt and change cost him the job. He was promised another year with some changes to the staff and he refuse to do that. On the outside looking in, it looks like Brian got a bad deal. However, the 3-7 record had very little to do with this change.

He will land somewhere very soon, JL Mann is one that comes to mind quickly.

So with the ongoing lane question answered with no other changes made, who stays and who goes at Byrnes ? not often can can high school have complete changeover because of teaching but may not be the case at somewhere like byrnes. surely there is more to this story than lane not wanting to change the staff up and getting himself the door ?
ByrnesFBlegend09
Freshman

Postby Victory6 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:37 am

I don't think byrnes will be loaded next year as a lot on here are saying. I have have spoken with some who say they are transfering their kids to different schools. Many will take their kids to the high school with the best coaches in this state!! :D ......and we ALL know what school that is!! ;)
COME JOIN US!!.jpg
COME JOIN US!!.jpg (12.47 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
**ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
Victory6
All-American

Postby thedoctor » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:13 am

Victory6 wrote:I don't think byrnes will be loaded next year as a lot on here are saying. I have have spoken with some who say they are transfering their kids to different schools. Many will take their kids to the high school with the best coaches in this state!! :D ......and we ALL know what school that is!! ;)
COME JOIN US!!.jpg

A lot of the transferring talk was before this was official. The transfer talks were if the former HC was still in place, that is not the case anymore.
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby likeitRnot » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:39 pm

Well, don't really know how to respond to the thread but I for felt strongly that CHANGES was a must to certain parts of his staff. Now ,I'm hearing all kinds of things but good lord Lane this at the end of the day is a business and if your part is not producing then he shouldn't have been told or forced to make a change. I'm clearly confuse by his decision. It just got to be more to this...this has been three years of the worst offense play we have had in years and this year it just hit an all time low!

Not buying the family and friends bullcrap.....because the next coach will fire them anyway!!!! So why lose a great income and a sure state contender 2017 team for doing WHAT IS RIGHT BY THE KIDS!!! Trust me he will land a Greenville County Job take them same offensive coaches and struggle like hell!
likeitRnot
All-American

Postby Victory6 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:16 pm

thedoctor wrote:
Victory6 wrote:I don't think byrnes will be loaded next year as a lot on here are saying. I have have spoken with some who say they are transfering their kids to different schools. Many will take their kids to the high school with the best coaches in this state!! :D ......and we ALL know what school that is!! ;)
COME JOIN US!!.jpg

A lot of the transferring talk was before this was official. The transfer talks were if the former HC was still in place, that is not the case anymore.

NO...... i have heard this TODAY!! ;)
**ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
Victory6
All-American

Postby SPARTANVILLE VI » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:40 pm

thedoctor wrote:
COME JOIN US!!.jpg

Oh so you know for a fact that all these transfer talks ceased over the last 24-48 hours? A fired coach and no officially named candidates dont turn a team that missed the playoffs into a championship team overnight. That matters.
Spartanburg High School State Champions
1932, 1991, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2014

Vikings Football- Simply The Best Since 1970

"Momentum is only a play away"- Doc Davis
SPARTANVILLE VI
All-American

Postby GCRVT16 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:50 am

Trust The Doctor no one is going anywhere. If anything good good news the Rebels could be getting 2 star offensive linemen and a DB. The kids are upbeat about the new era of Byrnes Football to unfold. You get a good coach at Byrnes which will more than likely be Chris Miller he inherits a good C Team, Region JV Champions, and a loaded Varsity team that is destined to make a run next year. After Spartanburg loses in the playoffs give Miller 3 days to make an announcement he will be stepping down as the HC at Spartanburg. The truth will set you free.
GCRVT16
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 5A