Make a Case and Why?

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Make a Case and Why?

Postby likeitRnot » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:42 am

With the spring and summer just right around the corner , make a case why you feel like your HS can have a chance to either Win it all or NOT ? ASKING that we RESPECT and keep it only FOOTBALL please!
likeitRnot
All-American

Re: Make a Case and Why?

Postby mikey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Gaffney returns a lot of talent at the skill positions on offense...defensively the backend should be solid and they'll probably be a couple that step up from last years unbeaten 9 grade squad and help on that side...matter of line play on wether this squad is special..the F5 workouts at 6am have been well attended so they showing commitment....id like to see us in more high profile 7 on 7 tourneys this summer...its 2 hand touch but it does help with alignment and pressure...and if for nothing else the coaches could benefit as well..I like our chances.. :D
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

Postby tomahawk97 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:00 am

mikey wrote:Gaffney returns a lot of talent at the skill positions on offense...defensively the backend should be solid and they'll probably be a couple that step up from last years unbeaten 9 grade squad and help on that side...matter of line play on wether this squad is special..the F5 workouts at 6am have been well attended so they showing commitment....id like to see us in more high profile 7 on 7 tourneys this summer...its 2 hand touch but it does help with alignment and pressure...and if for nothing else the coaches could benefit as well..I like our chances.. :D
We have a group of talent from our rising sophomore to the rising senior class that is on par with 2011 and 2012 teams that was led by Q Davis, Shaq Davidson group and Tyrone McGill Classes in the early 90s at our skill spots our line positions on both sides of the ball and Our in game coaching by our coaches as far as calling plays and making adjustments will be our only concerns heading into the season.
tomahawk97
JV

Postby mikey » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:17 pm

This coulda been a great thread...guess no cases
mikey
All-American

Postby clovereaglefan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Clover football success is up in the air and could go either way with Brian Lane at the wheel and bringing his spread offense to our club. Major departure from what the Blue Eagles have been doing offensively for a long time now and a major overhaul could be a shot in the arm that we need to be consistently competitive. Looking at the time Coach Lane was at Woodruff who was running the wing t before he was hired and the changes in the win/loss column was fairly impressive. Defense is going to be pretty good under our second year head coach so not to many worries there moving from a 4/3 to a 3/4 set up seemed to serve them well. Our QB can get the ball into the guys hands but we always seem to have trouble hanging on to the rock. I’m hoping that Coach Lane can have the receivers ready to go in August.
"There is no spoon"
clovereaglefan
Freshman

Postby mikey » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:34 pm

[quote=“clovereaglefan”]Clover football success is up in the air and could go either way with Brian Lane at the wheel and bringing his spread offense to our club. Major departure from what the Blue Eagles have been doing offensively for a long time now and a major overhaul could be a shot in the arm that we need to be consistently competitive. Looking at the time Coach Lane was at Woodruff who was running the wing t before he was hired and the changes in the win/loss column was fairly impressive. Defense is going to be pretty good under our second year head coach so not to many worries there moving from a 4/3 to a 3/4 set up seemed to serve them well. Our QB can get the ball into the guys hands but we always seem to have trouble hanging on to the rock. I’m hoping that Coach Lane can have the receivers ready to go in August.[/quote]i wish him luck...always have an affinity for Clover...it goes back to a preachers daughter that worked on the monorail that summer of 77 I worked at Carowinds..,Aerosmith,AC/DC the Bon Scott yrs with a Bee Gees Saturday night fever kind of twist gal...done some nice bank fishing and camping down that way when I was wee lad and the lake became what it is today...

Lane had a halfway disciplined team he inheriated at Woodruff....I think that might have gotten him at Brynes..and ain't putting it all on him..some of the other hires that might have looked good at the time..maybe not..here too..I think he's in a good situation if he has learned some lessons...
mikey
All-American

Postby likeitRnot » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 pm

From what I'm hearing coming from boot-camp that this may be an open and close case! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
likeitRnot
All-American

Postby BYRNES#1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:19 pm

[quote=“likeitRnot”]From what I’m hearing coming from boot-camp that this may be an open and close case! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D[/quote]

As R-Kelly says.... "Keep it on the down loooooow, nobody has to knooooow. ;)
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby likeitRnot » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 pm

[quote=“BYRNES#1”][quote=“likeitRnot”]From what I’m hearing coming from boot-camp that this may be an open and close case! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D[/quote]

As R-Kelly says.... “Keep it on the down loooooow, nobody has to knooooow. ;)[/quote]

:D :D :D :D
SMH SMH SMH OHHWHEWWWW!!
likeitRnot
All-American

Postby thedoctor » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:52 pm

[quote=“likeitRnot”][quote=“BYRNES#1”][quote=“likeitRnot”]From what I’m hearing coming from boot-camp that this may be an open and close case! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D[/quote]

As R-Kelly says.... “Keep it on the down loooooow, nobody has to knooooow. ;)[/quote]

:D :D :D :D
SMH SMH SMH OHHWHEWWWW!![/quote]

Wait, I thought all of our good returning starters were transferring. Never mind that was fake news. Yeah, some people are gonna catch a whooping this fall. Everything is quietly coming together.
thedoctor
JV

Return to Class 5A