Early Season 5A Top 10...

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Early Season 5A Top 10...

Postby Friday Night Light » Tue May 02, 2017 2:02 pm

1. Dutch Fork
2. Fort Dorchester
3. Gaffney
4. Spartanburg
5. Westside
6. NorthWestern
7. Boiling Springs
8. Hillcrest
9. Dorman
10. Spring Valley

I will give feedback on why I think each team should be in the current top 10 during the week. I hope to have reports from spring ball and have a post Spring 10 before Summer.

I will say that this list is heavily based on returning starters and what I see in coaching staffs.

You are welcome to post your opinions. I will take them into consideration.

I'm looking for 5 posters to help with a PFT Top 10 Rank system for the up and coming season please send me a PM and we will talk about it.
Friday Night Light
Freshman

Re: Early Season 5A Top 10...

Postby NixonRebel » Tue May 02, 2017 2:18 pm

I can see why you wouldn’t rank the Rebels right now. As the kids are being told they got to EARN the respect back. Teams are no longer afraid of the Byrnes Rebels. The Rebels will be ranked in every top 10 there is dealing with South Carolina football. Coach Shaw and staff building something special, just wait and see.

Spring Ball is in the air.
Last edited by NixonRebel on Tue May 02, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NixonRebel
Freshman

Postby thedoctor » Tue May 02, 2017 2:26 pm

[quote=“NixonRebel”]I can’t see why you wouldn’t rank the Rebels right now. As the kids are being told they got to EARN the respect back. Teams are no longer afraid of the Byrnes Rebels. The Rebels will be ranked in every top 10 there is dealing with South Carolina football. Coach Shaw and staff building something special, just wait and see.

Spring Ball is in the air.[/quote]

Let everyone keep doubting Rebels, the Rebels are quietly going about their business. They have not worked this hard in several springs, this fall, Nixon Field will once again become the tough place to visit.
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby SPARTANVILLE VI » Tue May 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Let's get this straight- we're doubting a team is top 10 - because literally they couldn't qualify for the playoffs last season? Ah yes it's Byrnes so they belong in the top 10. That mentality is why your program wasn't in the playoffs- Byrnes has to be winning a title every year or something isn't normal about SC football. Meanwhile teams that actually made the playoffs should miss a top 10 list so Byrnes can have their spot because all of us who actually watch this sport just have to be biased and wrong.

Y'all gonna get shut out by SHS again??? Better question.
Spartanburg High School State Champions
1932, 1991, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2014

Vikings Football- Simply The Best Since 1970

"Momentum is only a play away"- Doc Davis
SPARTANVILLE VI
All-American

Postby NixonRebel » Tue May 02, 2017 3:10 pm

[quote=“SPARTANVILLE VI”]Let’s get this straight- we’re doubting a team is top 10 - because literally they couldn’t qualify for the playoffs last season? Ah yes it’s Byrnes so they belong in the top 10. That mentality is why your program wasn’t in the playoffs- Byrnes has to be winning a title every year or something isn’t normal about SC football. Meanwhile teams that actually made the playoffs should miss a top 10 list so Byrnes can have their spot because all of us who actually watch this sport just have to be biased and wrong.

Y’all gonna get shut out by SHS again??? Better question.[/quote]

We will be a lot more stable on offense this season. We have several RBs that can run between the tackles and east/west. I look for a much more improved offensive line as well. The QB competition will push both Carroll and Enos to be the best which will carry into the season. We have a top state WR that can get to the ball so the answer is YES will will score a lot on Spartanburg this year.

Will the Viking offense be able to score on the Rebel defense this time around?
NixonRebel
Freshman

Postby SPARTANVILLE VI » Tue May 02, 2017 5:06 pm

[quote=“NixonRebel”][quote=“SPARTANVILLE VI”]Let’s get this straight- we’re doubting a team is top 10 - because literally they couldn’t qualify for the playoffs last season? Ah yes it’s Byrnes so they belong in the top 10. That mentality is why your program wasn’t in the playoffs- Byrnes has to be winning a title every year or something isn’t normal about SC football. Meanwhile teams that actually made the playoffs should miss a top 10 list so Byrnes can have their spot because all of us who actually watch this sport just have to be biased and wrong.

Y’all gonna get shut out by SHS again??? Better question.[/quote]

We will be a lot more stable on offense this season. We have several RBs that can run between the tackles and east/west. I look for a much more improved offensive line as well. The QB competition will push both Carroll and Enos to be the best which will carry into the season. We have a top state WR that can get to the ball so the answer is YES will will score a lot on Spartanburg this year.

Will the Viking offense be able to score on the Rebel defense this time around?[/quote]

Points are points . 13-0 and y'all are still thinking y'all have the competitive advantage. I'll take a great defense over a great offense any day.

SPARTANVILLE VI
All-American

Postby SPARTANVILLE VI » Tue May 02, 2017 5:08 pm

NixonRebel why, seriously why should Byrnes objectively be considered a top 10 team?

SPARTANVILLE VI
All-American

Postby thedoctor » Tue May 02, 2017 5:56 pm

[quote=“SPARTANVILLE VI”]NixonRebel why, seriously why should Byrnes objectively be considered a top 10 team?[/quote]

Because this is 2017 poll, not a 2016 poll. Byrnes will be light years ahead of where they were last year. Effort and heart is what this team has that some in the past few years did not. They have the look back, leave the Rebs unranked, I couldn't care less. They will be there when it matters this year.
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby NixonRebel » Tue May 02, 2017 6:09 pm

[quote=“SPARTANVILLE VI”]NixonRebel why, seriously why should Byrnes objectively be considered a top 10 team?[/quote]

At this current time Byrnes should not be considered a top 10 team. We are a 3-7 team with a new head coach. I do think after the summer season we will be a reason to considered us a top 10 team.

Now, I proudly answered your question can you do the same? What I asked was if the offense will score on us, and you dodged that. We know points are points this is why we are fans of the game. I was able to answer your question as to why Byrnes will score without dodging the question. Lets talk football here.

@TheDoctor, we shouldn't be ranked. Trust me our kids will only use it as motivation.
NixonRebel
Freshman

Postby tomahawk97 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:44 am

Friday Night Light wrote:1. Dutch Fork
2. Fort Dorchester
3. Gaffney
4. Spartanburg
5. Westside
6. NorthWestern
7. Boiling Springs
8. Hillcrest
9. Dorman
10. Spring Valley

I will give feedback on why I think each team should be in the current top 10 during the week. I hope to have reports from spring ball and have a post Spring 10 before Summer.

I will say that this list is heavily based on returning starters and what I see in coaching staffs.

You are welcome to post your opinions. I will take them into consideration.

I'm looking for 5 posters to help with a PFT Top 10 Rank system for the up and coming season please send me a PM and we will talk about it.
As a Gaffney guy we have all our studs back from last year except the Hopper kid whose is transferring to a School in Georgia and we have a undefeated rising sophomore class that won every game they played last year by at least 3tds which some of these kids will contribute on varsity this year so talent want be a problem at Gaffney this year our main concerns will be if Our coaches can learn how to coach it and don't screw it up and if our Quarterback improves last year because if he don't we have a kid that will be a sophomore this year that is very capable of running the show if he struggles and has not improved.
tomahawk97
JV

Next

Return to Class 5A