Early Season 5A Top 10...

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Early Season 5A Top 10...

Postby Victory6 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 am

Victory6 Top 10 Teams Statewide

1.Spartanburg Vikings A-Team
2.Spartanburg Vikings B-Team
3.Spartanburg Vikings JV A-Team
4.Spartanburg Vikings JV B-Team
5.Spartanburg Vikings C-Team (A)
6.Spartanburg Vikings C-Team (B)
7.McCracken Jr High A-Team
8.McCracken Jr High B-Team
9.Carver Jr High A-Team
10.Carver Jr High B-Team

Every team not ranked in this state poll needs to step their game up!! ;) :D :lol:

#1 HIGH SCHOOL.jpg
#1 HIGH SCHOOL.jpg (34.37 KiB) Viewed 532 times

THA V!!.jpg
THA V!!.jpg (33.23 KiB) Viewed 532 times
**ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
Victory6
All-American

Postby Terminator » Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Why is Westside so high?
Terminator
Freshman

Postby Dorman#1 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:43 pm

[quote=“Friday Night Light”]1. Dutch Fork
2. Fort Dorchester
3. Gaffney
4. Spartanburg
5. Westside
6. NorthWestern
7. Boiling Springs
8. Hillcrest
9. Dorman
10. Spring Valley

I will give feedback on why I think each team should be in the current top 10 during the week. I hope to have reports from spring ball and have a post Spring 10 before Summer.

I will say that this list is heavily based on returning starters and what I see in coaching staffs.

You are welcome to post your opinions. I will take them into consideration.

I’m looking for 5 posters to help with a PFT Top 10 Rank system for the up and coming season please send me a PM and we will talk about it.[/quote]

Dorman has starters returning on offense and defense... and with 3 Quarterbacks competing for the starting spot you might see one of them change their position soon...
YOU'RE NEXT!!

2x State Champions: 2000, 2009
Dorman#1
Varsity

Postby Friday Night Light » Wed May 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Terminator

One reason I placed Westside where they are is because I think they have one of the best trios in the state with Meredith, Johnson, and Carson. With the new QB I expect them to score a lot of points on offense. Also, I give credit Earley to as a coach. Most make dislike his character but he is a hell of a coach.
Friday Night Light
Freshman

Postby Terminator » Thu May 04, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks for the feedback. I do not know that much about this team, I just see them the last couple years highly ranked, not playing much competition, loosing to good competitive teams and getting knocked out in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

It will be also interesting if NW can re-load as in past years. That is a lot of talent they lost. Sooner or later not having a JV team will also catch up with you.

I would also rate BS as the #1 team in that region.
Terminator
Freshman

Postby NixonRebel » Thu May 04, 2017 10:48 am

From what I understand BS lost around 24 seniors with 18 of them as starters. Why do you think BS should be ranked so high in the Region?
NixonRebel
Freshman

Postby Terminator » Thu May 04, 2017 10:56 am

I watched their rising Sr class and Jr class when they were Freshmen and they seemed to have a lot of talent.
Terminator
Freshman

Postby NixonRebel » Thu May 04, 2017 11:11 am

I watched their rising Sr class and Jr class when they were Freshmen and they seemed to have a lot of talent.

With the amount of seniors that played in front of them I wonder if that will move them a step back. How, much did the current BS qbs play on Friday night last season? Is there a QB battle or does BS have a talented kid to take over? I know that Byrnes returns a lot of seniors and underclassmen kids with that Friday night experience from playing last season.
NixonRebel
Freshman

Postby BYRNES#1 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:06 pm

[quote=“NixonRebel”][quote=“SPARTANVILLE VI”]NixonRebel why, seriously why should Byrnes objectively be considered a top 10 team?[/quote]

At this current time Byrnes should not be considered a top 10 team. We are a 3-7 team with a new head coach. I do think after the summer season we will be a reason to considered us a top 10 team.

Now, I proudly answered your question can you do the same? What I asked was if the offense will score on us, and you dodged that. We know points are points this is why we are fans of the game. I was able to answer your question as to why Byrnes will score without dodging the question. Lets talk football here.

Spanky is a Lindsey Graham lover, so his avoiding the question comes naturally. He also has a political Science degree so that also explains his dodging skills. ;)

@TheDoctor, we shouldn’t be ranked. Trust me our kids will only use it as motivation.[/quote]
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby likeitRnot » Fri May 05, 2017 10:16 am

Im going to keep as much as I can on the down low B#1 :D
BUT if 5A have 10 better teams than the 2017 Byrnes High football team than hats off to our state. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will agree that the first 4 teams should be state contenders and preseason top 5! :roll:

Man, I seen something yesterday that just left my mouth wide open!

THAT”S ALL FOLKS!
!!!
likeitRnot
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A