Early Season 5A Top 10...

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Early Season 5A Top 10...

Postby Victory6 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:45 pm

likeitRnot wrote:Im going to keep as much as I can on the down low B#1 :D
BUT if 5A have 10 better teams than the 2017 Byrnes High football team than hats off to our state. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will agree that the first 4 teams should be state contenders and preseason top 5! :roll:

Man, I seen something yesterday that just left my mouth wide open!

THAT”S ALL FOLKS!
!!!

You actually think Gaffney will be a Top 4 team? :shock: So that was you standing on the hill with the byrnes t-shirt on watching the Vikings practice!! ;)
**ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
Victory6
All-American

Postby tomahawk97 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:10 am

Victory6 wrote:
BUT if 5A have 10 better teams than the 2017 Byrnes High football team than hats off to our state. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will agree that the first 4 teams should be state contenders and preseason top 5! :roll:

THAT”S ALL FOLKS!
!!!

You actually think Gaffney will be a Top 4 team? :shock: So that was you standing on the hill with the byrnes t-shirt on watching the Vikings practice!! ;)
Well it will be a region 3 team that comes out of the upstate that will get to the state and I will make this argument we do return our starting qb our running back and our top wide out from last year along with 3 starters from our o-line which is the only team in our region to do so. plus the two teams that took us to the woodshed last year that we was never in the game with last year that gave us our worst losses were Boiling Springs and Northwestern which were senior led teams, we beat Northwestern the second time regardless if you want to make an excuse about the quarterback getting hurt and we played Boiling Springs a lot closer the 2nd time and BS was just a couple of plays from winning the state last year so on paper we should be a top 4 team but we still got the same sorry coaching staff which is going to be very concerning heading to the season and we hope as Gaffney fans that they don't screw up the talent.
tomahawk97
JV

Postby NixonRebel » Mon May 08, 2017 8:31 am

Tomahawk97, I wonder if Gaffney will have a defense to help that offense this year. The defense has really gave up a lot of points over the last few years. Also, the special teams play is going to have to get better. I read on here that they gave up a lot of yards on special teams.

The OP has Gaffney really high and I don't know how much I agree with Gaffney being ranked that high although I believe Gaffney should be ranked.
NixonRebel
Freshman

Postby Victory6 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:45 am

tomahawk97 wrote:
Victory6 wrote:

THAT”S ALL FOLKS!
!!!

Well it will be a region 3 team that comes out of the upstate that will get to the state and I will make this argument we do return our starting qb our running back and our top wide out from last year along with 3 starters from our o-line which is the only team in our region to do so. If i'm not mistaken byrnes return their starting QB,RB, and WR. Not sure how many O-Line starters are returning. They finished 5th while Gaffney finished 4th in the region, don't see how Gaffney will jump soo high. There are other teams who beat Gaffney that's returning just as many starters. plus the two teams that took us to the woodshed last year that we was never in the game with last year that gave us our worst losses were Boiling Springs and Northwestern which were senior led teams, we beat Northwestern the second time regardless if you want to make an excuse about the quarterback getting hurt and we played Boiling Springs a lot closer the 2nd time and BS was just a couple of plays from winning the state last year so on paper we should be a top 4 team but we still got the same sorry coaching staff which is going to be very concerning heading to the season and we hope as Gaffney fans that they don't screw up the talent.

You make a valid point, it does sound good on paper but as we know games aren't played on paper!! ;)
Victory6
All-American

Postby Indians99 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:06 pm

NixonRebel wrote:Tomahawk97, I wonder if Gaffney will have a defense to help that offense this year. The defense has really gave up a lot of points over the last few years. Also, the special teams play is going to have to get better. I read on here that they gave up a lot of yards on special teams.

The OP has Gaffney really high and I don't know how much I agree with Gaffney being ranked that high although I believe Gaffney should be ranked.

I watched spring practice last week Gaffney is going to be weak this year they have no defense and the offense wont be that good either maybe win 3 games this year at best.
Indians99
Varsity

Postby Victory6 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:49 am

Indians99 wrote:
NixonRebel wrote:Tomahawk97, I wonder if Gaffney will have a defense to help that offense this year. The defense has really gave up a lot of points over the last few years. Also, the special teams play is going to have to get better. I read on here that they gave up a lot of yards on special teams.

I watched spring practice last week Gaffney is going to be weak this year they have no defense and the offense wont be that good either maybe win 3 games this year at best.

Now here's a Indian who knows what he's talking about!! ;) .....Thanks for being honest!! :D

CONFUSED!!.jpg
CONFUSED!!.jpg (26.06 KiB) Viewed 428 times
Victory6
All-American

Postby silverfox92 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Dutch Fork is going to be very good again this year! QB Jailin Hyatt is a Monster and he’s just a sophomore! WR corps looks just as strong as last year with 6′3" Andrew Jamison leading the way. We also return our best RB Ron Hoff who was a 1,000 yard rusher as a freshman. The best thing about this team will be its stout Defense. 7 players from last years defensive team returns including MLB Kyle Ecton. Both the DL and the OL looks very good though the OL needs a little more work. This team could very well go 15-0 again but one team that scares me is Fort D. Out of the low country and they are on the schedule once again this year. They return a lot of talent and athletes and could be the best team in the state this year.
silverfox92
Freshman

Postby MidlandsFan » Wed May 17, 2017 10:59 am

[quote=“silverfox92"]Dutch Fork is going to be very good again this year! QB Jailin Hyatt is a Monster and he’s just a sophomore! WR corps looks just as strong as last year with 6′3" Andrew Jamison leading the way. We also return our best RB Ron Hoff who was a 1,000 yard rusher as a freshman. The best thing about this team will be its stout Defense. 7 players from last years defensive team returns including MLB Kyle Ecton. Both the DL and the OL looks very good though the OL needs a little more work. This team could very well go 15-0 again but one team that scares me is Fort D. Out of the low country and they are on the schedule once again this year. They return a lot of talent and athletes and could be the best team in the state this year.[/quote]

From what I understand, the Hyatt kid will be playing receiver because of his speed and hands. I saw on twitter that he won the combine they had overall which is amazing since he's a freshman. My son tells me he's crazy fast and will only get faster and bigger. They have the Bryce Thompson kid that transferred back and he is committed to VaTech. They will probably play him everywhere. It looks like they are gonna have great skilled positions. As you said, the size on OL may be an issue, but with a coach like Knotts, he will figure it out. Yes, I agree that their defense should be quick and experienced. The team will be young and may take some lumps early on is my prediction. But as region starts, they will be fine. I look for them to be awesome in the next years.
MidlandsFan
Freshman

Postby 3-3 Stack » Thu May 18, 2017 9:34 am

[quote=“silverfox92"]Dutch Fork is going to be very good again this year! QB Jailin Hyatt is a Monster and he’s just a sophomore! WR corps looks just as strong as last year with 6′3" Andrew Jamison leading the way. We also return our best RB Ron Hoff who was a 1,000 yard rusher as a freshman. The best thing about this team will be its stout Defense. 7 players from last years defensive team returns including MLB Kyle Ecton. Both the DL and the OL looks very good though the OL needs a little more work. This team could very well go 15-0 again but one team that scares me is Fort D. Out of the low country and they are on the schedule once again this year. They return a lot of talent and athletes and could be the best team in the state this year.[/quote]
Shhhh. Don't tell all the other wannabes like Spartanburg. To hear them talk, you would think THEY won the title last year. As a matter of fact, have they EVER won the big division title SINCE Doc Davis? I mean their one win in the modern era was a Division 2 win.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby Victory6 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:03 am

3-3 Stack wrote:[quote=“silverfox92"]Dutch Fork is going to be very good again this year! QB Jailin Hyatt is a Monster and he’s just a sophomore! WR corps looks just as strong as last year with 6′3" Andrew Jamison leading the way. We also return our best RB Ron Hoff who was a 1,000 yard rusher as a freshman. The best thing about this team will be its stout Defense. 7 players from last years defensive team returns including MLB Kyle Ecton. Both the DL and the OL looks very good though the OL needs a little more work. This team could very well go 15-0 again but one team that scares me is Fort D. Out of the low country and they are on the schedule once again this year. They return a lot of talent and athletes and could be the best team in the state this year.

Shhhh. Don't tell all the other wannabes like Spartanburg. To hear them talk, you would think THEY won the title last year. As a matter of fact, have they EVER won the big division title SINCE Doc Davis? I mean their one win in the modern era was a Division 2 win.[/quote]

6 is greater than 2!!......you catch my dwift? :D Tell Notts to stop with the scrimmages and put the Vikings on the regular schedule!! ;)
Victory6
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A